Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Smoke in monsey (and all over NY/NJ) and smell of fire
  Previous  1  2  3   29  30  31  Next

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 5:31 pm
The smell here in Monsey is terrible! My neighbor with asthma can't breathe. The air is smokey.
The moon is a firey ball of orange, it's amazing

GLUE

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 5:31 pm
amother Opal wrote:
I mean Canada is basically mostly forest. You think they can handle such huge fires, or they're just throwing up their hands and waiting for it to burn out?

The bigger the fire the harder it is to put out and it's healthier for the forest to burn down every few years.

The answer to your question is probably yes the best thing to do is build a fire break and let it burn it's self out.

Many forest in Canada are Pine, Hashem made it that Pine forest need fire to reproduce part of good forest management is starting fires usually in the winter, the problem is sometimes the fire starts in dry season and gets out of control.

amother
Opal

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 5:32 pm
GLUE wrote:
The bigger the fire the harder it is to put out and it's healthier for the forest to burn down every few years.

The answer to your question is probably yes the best thing to do is build a fire break and let it burn it's self out.

Many forest in Canada are Pine, Hashem made it that Pine forest need fire to reproduce part of good forest management is starting fires usually in the winter, the problem is sometimes the fire starts in dry season and gets out of control.

Healthy for the forest, but not for us

amother
Peru

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 5:37 pm
In monsey here. Not sure what you're talking about. Our part of town just human and bits of rain. No sight or scent of smoke and fire.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 5:37 pm
Terrible in NJ too. DD is supposed to go on graduation trip to lake George and have 2 days of outdoor activities. Starting to feel concerned about this. What do you think?

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 5:38 pm
Yes, it’s smelled intensely like smoke and been very hazy all day upstate in Schenectady today. And it’s definitely from the fires in Canada. The plume is I think reaching as far south as North Carolina.

cupcake613

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 5:38 pm
I'm from Toronto and the smoke here is really bad. They are trying to do something about it but there's lots of forest fires going on right now in different provinces besides Quebec (also in BC) so everything is crazy.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 5:40 pm
amother Opal wrote:
So is anyone in Canada going to do anything about these wildfires?! Or we just gotta live with this terrible air quality?

Dear United States,

We're letting our country burn down. Sorry for the inconvience.

love,

Canada.

amother
Opal

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 5:41 pm
amother Stoneblue wrote:
Dear United States,

We're letting our country burn down. Sorry for the inconvience.

love,

Canada.

LOL
Love this

With neighbors like these...

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 5:43 pm
amother Lawngreen wrote:
The smell here in Monsey is terrible! My neighbor with asthma can't breathe. The air is smokey.
The moon is a firey ball of orange, it's amazing

Someone here was saying it’s actually the sun according to which side it is. Does that make sense?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 5:47 pm
amother Lemon wrote:
Someone here was saying it’s actually the sun according to which side it is. Does that make sense?

Too early for moon.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 5:48 pm
amother Peru wrote:
In monsey here. Not sure what you're talking about. Our part of town just human and bits of rain. No sight or scent of smoke and fire.

That’s really interesting.

cbsp

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 5:49 pm
amother Lemon wrote:

The sun in Passaic is a bright glowing red. Air quality here is really bad. We're davening for all of those displaced by the fires and hope no lives are lost Sad

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 5:50 pm
amother OP wrote:
Too early for moon.

The moon can actually be seen all day, it's usually a very pale white. But today, it's a ball of orange because of the fires. It was like this all night as well, it's definitely not the sun.

tichellady

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 5:52 pm
amother Opal wrote:
So is anyone in Canada going to do anything about these wildfires?! Or we just gotta live with this terrible air quality?

this made me laugh. of course they are trying to deal with it. I'm sure it's more upsetting to them than to you. it's not something that can be easily fixed. these fires are really hard to manage.

NotInNJMommy

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 5:53 pm
amother Lawngreen wrote:
The moon can actually be seen all day, it's usually a very pale white. But today, it's a ball of orange because of the fires. It was like this all night as well, it's definitely not the sun.

The moon never looks like a fiery ball because it isn’t one.

tichellady

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 5:53 pm
[quote="tichellady"]this made me laugh. of course they are trying to deal with it. I'm sure it's more upsetting to them than to you. it's not something that can be easily fixed. these fires are really hard to manage. this isn't a canadian problem exclusively. the US has plenty of forest fires too unfortunately. [quote]

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 5:55 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:
The moon never looks like a fiery ball because it isn’t one.

The moon is not a firey ball, but to us it looks like this now because of the fires. It was like this all night.
I actually think that both the sun and moon look like a fireball today.

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 5:56 pm
[quote="tichellady"][quote="tichellady"]this made me laugh. of course they are trying to deal with it. I'm sure it's more upsetting to them than to you. it's not something that can be easily fixed. these fires are really hard to manage. this isn't a canadian problem exclusively. the US has plenty of forest fires too unfortunately.
Quote:

Yes, here in California we have this yearly, usually end of the summer.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 6:00 pm
amother Lawngreen wrote:
The moon is not a firey ball, but to us it looks like this now because of the fires. It was like this all night.
I actually think that both the sun and moon look like a fireball today.

I’m not seeing the sun or moon in monsey. I guess it’s blocked by houses in my area.
Page 2 of 31   Previous  1  2  3   29  30  31  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries