Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> UK and Europe Related Inquiries
Holidays in the UK
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 5:17 am
Hello!

We are thinking to vacation in the UK this summer (End of July).

Can you recommend places near the beach, but where we could find a quiet spot so the
children can bath.

Are there any places with a minyan, except the cities?
Do you know of kosher hotels?

Also, would be happy to hear about the best places you have been in the UK!

Thanks a lot!!

Busybee5

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 5:36 am
I'd look in Bournemouth, Dorset, Devon or Wales. We also love Yorkshire and the peak district. Loads of gorgeous places. When looking you need to specify that you want near the beach.
Nearer the time in the advertisers there will be minyanim around different areas. We aren't particular about this when on holiday but there are definitely options...
A guaranteed minyan would be in Bournemouth, or Llandudno Wales.
Happy holidays!

salt

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 5:47 am
Isn't it rather chilly bathing in the sea in the UK? Even mid-summer I wouldn't think it would be enjoyable.

Busybee5

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 6:04 am
salt wrote:
Isn't it rather chilly bathing in the sea in the UK? Even mid-summer I wouldn't think it would be enjoyable.

We get some really hot days but I agree often it's chilly especially by the sea, but we just make this best of it. My kids love to go in the sea even in the early 20's! Or we wait for the hotter days to go to the beach. It's often hotter before and after the 3-4 week holiday window that we have. So typical. Last year we went to Scotland, we had 8 days of glorious sunshine out of 10. We went to different beaches almost every day..
The further south that you go the more likely you'll get good weather. Bournemouth is a frum hot spot because it has the hotel, food shop etc. Plus the weather is better there, as is Dorset, Devon etc.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 6:39 am
salt wrote:

We live on the continent and after really hot summers in the past we are looking for some "cooler"
wheater options Very Happy

Also, my kids don't mind so much if it's a bit cold

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 6:41 am
thanks already for the quick responses!!
Very helpful... is it manageable to get around by train?
I dread driving on the left... Confused

amother
Mocha

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 7:23 am
Inverness, Scotland and the surrounding highlands are beautiful. Was just there. You can fly.

amother
Daisy

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 9:21 am
https://www.gov.uk/quality-of-.....water

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 10:13 am
amother OP wrote:
thanks already for the quick responses!!
Very helpful... is it manageable to get around by train?
I dread driving on the left... Confused

Llandudno, in wales, is great because there's a lot within walking distance in the town. There's 2 beaches, one is rockier and quieter than the other, whilst the other is often busy, but also has a pier with amusements, as well as you can go for a boat ride.
There's a children's park locally. There's the great orme, which is a small mountain you can walk or take the tram up, with another park at the top. On the other side of the mountain is a ski and tobaggan place, with a cable car across the top of the mountain.
It's easily accessible with a train station in the centre of town, and you can take the train or bus to other areas. There's also plenty of local shops, including a retail park and supermarket, all in walking distance.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 10:42 am
amother Salmon wrote:
Llandudno, in wales, is great because there's a lot within walking distance in the town. There's 2 beaches, one is rockier and quieter than the other, whilst the other is often busy, but also has a pier with amusements, as well as you can go for a boat ride.
There's a children's park locally. There's the great orme, which is a small mountain you can walk or take the tram up, with another park at the top. On the other side of the mountain is a ski and tobaggan place, with a cable car across the top of the mountain.
It's easily accessible with a train station in the centre of town, and you can take the train or bus to other areas. There's also plenty of local shops, including a retail park and supermarket, all in walking distance.

Yes I agree if you're not going to be getting around by car then Llandudno is probably your best bet.

mum6

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 10:51 am
Bournemouth is beautiful, just be aware that it gets very very busy and sometimes it could be quite immodest. I prefer Christchurch a short bus ride or taxi ride from Bournemouth, its far quieter but could be a little breezy.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 11:01 am
mum6 wrote:
Bournemouth is beautiful, just be aware that it gets very very busy and sometimes it could be quite immodest. I prefer Christchurch a short bus ride or taxi ride from Bournemouth, its far quieter but could be a little breezy.

It's immodest on every beach when it's nice weather! Op wants a holiday by the beach, there is no avoiding it.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 11:15 am
Westcliff has a Jewish community-chassidish actually.
not as a nice beach as Bournemouth and llandudno but very convenient kosher food shul minyan

Raisin

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 11:23 am
South Wales has some gorgeous beaches too but Llandudno and the north wales coast is spectacular and less industrial. The weather tends to be a bit cooler than the south of England in Wales. Llandudno is good because its a short drive to Manchester where you can buy kosher food.

Raisin

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 11:24 am
amother Olive wrote:
It's immodest on every beach when it's nice weather! Op wants a holiday by the beach, there is no avoiding it.

the welsh beaches tend to be fine ime, probably because it is not as hot.

amother
Grape

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 11:58 am
Llandudno is a good choice but just be aware it is very busy. Loads of jews- generally chasidish and lots of non jews. There are other places along the north wales coast which are quieter and I believe that trains and buses run between them all. Some are more rocky beaches.

St annes/ cleveleys are also nice sandy beaches and trains to manchester.

There is a hotel being taken over by and litka catering are catering. Was in advettiser. Not sure details.

Family camps have kosher shops and are in universities. Theres one in stirling and st andrews under family eckstein

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 12:38 pm
amother Grape wrote:
Llandudno is a good choice but just be aware it is very busy. Loads of jews- generally chasidish and lots of non jews. There are other places along the north wales coast which are quieter and I believe that trains and buses run between them all. Some are more rocky beaches.

St annes/ cleveleys are also nice sandy beaches and trains to manchester.

There is a hotel being taken over by and litka catering are catering. Was in advettiser. Not sure details.

Family camps have kosher shops and are in universities. Theres one in stirling and st andrews under family eckstein

Family camps sounds interesting. Any ideas where I could find more info on those?

amother
Grape

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 12:57 pm
0044 161 7406978 family eckstein
They arrange a few I think

amother
Daisy

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 12:57 pm
https://savivuk.co.uk/

amother
Grape

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 2:20 pm
Just saw an advert in advertiser for family camp in shropshire

0161 773 8229
Ffhfamilycamp@gmail.com
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> UK and Europe Related Inquiries