Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Triple stroller?!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 1:01 am
I have a great single stroller. And a great double stroller (Valco). My 3 little ones are close in age, one of them being a baby, and while usually a single stroller is fine, we walk to shul every shabbos and it’s a mile each way. So I’ve been using the Valco with the buggy board they sell. The problem is that it’s very annoying walking with it like that, because it sticks out and is uncomfortable to push/walk for more then a block. I need something that can give my kiddos a way to rest their feet. Any ideas? What do people do for long walks with littles?

amother
Cinnamon

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 1:04 am
You can put the baby in 1 seat of the double stroller, and the other 2 in the other seat. Make the seat flat and seat one in front of the other. The one sitting in the back, can spread their legs out and the other can sit between the legs.
You can also have the oldest one ride a scooter.

cookier

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 1:13 am
What valco do you have? If it’s the tri-mode you can get the Joey seat. They also just came out with the co-rider as an alternative to their old buggy board. It sticks off to the side and has a seat and belt.

The new version of the Joovy Qool (it can be a triple with the bench seat) or the Zoe tribe + are the only triples I can think of that can accommodate an infant. Of the two I’d pick the joovy

Otherwise maybe a stroller wagon like the wonderfold or the larktake caravan? I think once you’re looking to put 3-4 kids in a stroller, a 4 seater wagon is the best bet as far as size and maneuverability goes. But, If your baby is under 6m you’ll need a car seat adapter for both.

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 1:17 am
There’s a way to covert city select into a triple. Someone in my neighborhood did this. I remember googling it and it’s a thing

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 1:20 am
Thank you! I didn't know about the ride along version of the buggy board. That might be my best bet. I don't think I can afford buying an expensive third stroller just for this.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 8:10 pm
a triple stroller is very very heavy and probably has to be custom made/ordered for you.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 8:14 pm
I'm having same issue . I have twins and a preschooler that doesn't want to stand on a buggy board

amother
Banana

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 8:16 pm
Why do you have to walk to shul? I can’t imagine you are able to daven in shul at this point. If this is the only reason you need another seat in your stroller, I would suggest you stay home.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 8:23 pm
When I had 3 children under 2 1/2yrs putting baby in one seat of double and the two 'toddlers"in other was great option. Or putting one child on top of hoods and holding their hands on handle bar. I had the old baby jogger though which was much bigger than the doubles that most people buying today although you can still purchase a full size double baby jogger, mountain buggy, Valco or bumbleride that will allow you These options

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 8:24 pm
amother Banana wrote:
Why do you have to walk to shul? I can’t imagine you are able to daven in shul at this point. If this is the only reason you need another seat in your stroller, I would suggest you stay home.

Wow.
Just…wow. Speechless.
OP can’t go out because she has little kids? Maybe she wants to socialize? Maybe invited out for lunch? Maybe wants to go to a kiddush?
I can’t believe you.

amother
Hosta

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 8:26 pm
amother Banana wrote:

My guess is it’s more about getting out of the house than specifically shul…

amother
Cognac

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 8:30 pm
zoe stroller?

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 8:33 pm
Can you wear the baby in a carrier and push the other two?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 8:35 pm
The valco add on is my best bet. But you need wider sidewalks… Anything else is too expensive or impractical.Doubling two kids in one seat would be my emergency plan, I can’t see it working long terms. And yes, I go to shul every week pretty much.

out-of-towner

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 8:51 pm
I had a buggy board that was a seat with a buckle, which I attached to my double stroller when I was at that stage. Yes it was cumbersome, but it worked and it was my only choice at that point (at one point I had a 3.5 year old that was not ambulatory for a period of time due to surgery, a underdeveloped 2 year old, and an infant KAH).

amother
Stonewash

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 9:23 pm
Can you sell your double and buy a stroller wagon

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 9:46 pm
amother Bronze wrote:
When I had 3 children under 2 1/2yrs putting baby in one seat of double and the two 'toddlers"in other was great option. Or putting one child on top of hoods and holding their hands on handle bar. I had the old baby jogger though which was much bigger than the doubles that most people buying today although you can still purchase a full size double baby jogger, mountain buggy, Valco or bumbleride that will allow you These options

or if the oldest of the three is gentle, put baby to the back and older to in front making sure baby's feet are in a comfortable position. (both to the right...)

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 9:50 pm
amother Banana wrote:

In my community every mom
Who wants to go to shul takes her kids and babies. BH for kids programs. Our stroller has always gotten the most use on shabbos

amother
Impatiens

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 9:55 pm
amother Banana wrote:

Who asked you???? Can't Believe It Can't Believe It

amother
Magnolia

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 9:56 pm
I had a Valco double with the joey seat and it was a great setup.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics