Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Perfume recommendation

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 8:50 am
I don't wear perfume but my husband recently mentioned he'd want me to try. Any recommendations for something fresh and light? Want something I can wear around others that isn't super noticeable.
Also is there a place online that I can order samples to try them out?

Thanks in advance!

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 8:55 am
I find body lotions are always more light than perfume. A few dabs should do the trick. I have the Valentino. Actually nearing the bottom of the tube and wouldn’t mind trying something else for a change. I’ll be following.

amother
Blushpink

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 8:57 am
escada celebrate now
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Esc.....=2284

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 9:01 am
amother Dodgerblue wrote:
I find body lotions are always more light than perfume. A few dabs should do the trick. I have the Valentino. Actually nearing the bottom of the tube and wouldn’t mind trying something else for a change. I’ll be following.

Want something I can wear on Shabbos too so prefer a light perfume.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 9:04 am
amother Blushpink wrote:
escada celebrate now
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Esc.....=2284

Thanks!

DrMom

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 9:20 am
Sometimes scents smell different on different people, and the initial scent differs from the scent that it gives off after a fewhours.

Makes sense to go to a department store or drugstore that is equipped with testers so you can give scents you like a trial run.

shoshana-gr

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 9:22 am
how about you go with DH to try and find something together that you both like and is in budget

once you find 'your fragrance' it can become a part of you for years ahead

amother
DarkYellow

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 9:39 am
I buy from Amazing savings. Its imitations of the the brand name perfumes, the smell is the same, yet it doesn't stay on as long as the original.
If you're OK with imitation brands, you'll pay a fraction of the original cost.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 10:35 am
Go to a department store and treat yourself. You only need a drop and a small one lasts a long time. Try on two or three, walk around for a few minutes and then try a couple more. A lot of department stores are nice about giving you a tiny sample if you’re unsure or if you buy one they might give you a couple of small samples of others to try.
Joe Malone and makes some nice light scents. Estée Lauder has some nice ones that aren’t too expensive.
I find some designer perfumes like Chanel, Tom Ford, Viktor Rolf Flower bomb much too heavy for me but you might like something I don’t. Perfume is different on every person.
If you’re using it mainly Shabbos make sure to spray your skin, not your hair or clothes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics