Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Plus Size Fashion- Safe Haven
Girdles in camp??
Previous  1  2

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 12:17 am
chili-n-cholent wrote:
https://www.target.com/p/jockey-generation-women-s-slimming-shorts/-/A-21454343?preselect=21454338#lnk=sametab
I like the longer ones as the short ones ride up on me
https://www.target.com/p/jocke.....metab

Isn't this literally a girdle???

chili-n-cholent

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 12:27 am
amother Ginger wrote:

Really not, it has very slight compression.
It's used for preventing chub rub & sweat between thighs and gives you a little structure, not more than that. Definitely not a girdle, I wear these daily and many others I know wear them do.

zaq

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 4:13 am
amother Ginger wrote:

A pantygirdle by any other name world squeeze the same. There's no excuse for a child to wear one of these.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 4:59 am
amother Catmint wrote:
I was wondering about this too- many girls wear shorts under their skirts just for comfort (to prevent rubbing and heat rash..) is it possible someone is calling that a girdle? I agree she definitely should not have to wear a girdle at age 14 whatsoever!

I know people who just wear regular shorts under their skirts in the warm weather - think bike shorts or the equivalent. It keeps their thighs from rubbing together so they don't have to deal with heat rash. They have no compression to them - they are comfy by the waist and more fitted by the legs, though some basic summer shorts are loose by the legs too.

Would strongly urge that whatever she brings along she tries out for a couple of days at home first, that way if she hates it you"ll have time to come up with something else.

(And BTW, depending on what she's comfortable packing, powder or some cream/ointment for heat rash is good to pack along too. I don't know about the rest of you, but I find that stuff necessary when dealing with being bigger and it being hot out).

amother
Moccasin

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 5:17 am
I have the smoothiez line from American eagle, they have biker shorts. It's technically shape wear but it's so comfortable, doesn't compress in any way. Feels like you are wearing nothing.

amother
Apple

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 6:44 am
I bought regular leggings- nude ones so you can't see them, and just cut them where I wanted. The standard biking shorts are too short for me. So comfortable

amother
Tuberose

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 1:01 pm
chili-n-cholent wrote:
https://www.target.com/p/jockey-generation-women-s-slimming-shorts/-/A-21454343?preselect=21454338#lnk=sametab
I like the longer ones as the short ones ride up on me
https://www.target.com/p/jocke.....metab

There should be no "slimming" in the description. Just regular biker shorts, like these:
https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse.....ntent

My size 4 teenage daughter wears them to prevent chafing (as do I, in a 2X). They are nothing like a girdle!

amother
Butterscotch

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 3:26 pm
Could someone recommend a good antifungal soap that a large dd could use to help prevent rashes etc...sometimes come by arms also where biker type shorts dont help.
TIA

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 11:32 pm
amother Butterscotch wrote:
Could someone recommend a good antifungal soap that a large dd could use to help prevent rashes etc...sometimes come by arms also where biker type shorts dont help.
TIA

I can't answer you as to soap, but powder (cornstarch based) helps with that. I've also recently heard of a deodorant/antiperspirant that's meant to go all over one's body to help with this - haven't tried it, maybe someone else here has?

Edited to add - if she's having ongoing issues with this, you may want to check with a dermatologist.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Tue, Jun 13 2023, 12:03 am
When I was in camp 20 years ago, girls wore proper girdles every day! I never understood it. I have never, and still don't, own a girdle. That's just torture and no reason for a young girl to wear them. No way.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Plus Size Fashion- Safe Haven