Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Training at home but not in school

luvsfun

Post Mon, Jul 07 2008, 10:16 pm
I trained ds at home over the weekend, but today I sent him to camp & didnt realize that all they had was a big toilet w/ a seat they put on for the kids. He was afraid to go on the toilet all day & now I feel that my hard work over the weekend was for naught, being that I only get home 2 hrs before bedtime... can I still save it in anyway if I wont have a potty to send for tomorrow or am I doomed??? anyone been in this situation?

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Jul 07 2008, 10:43 pm
call up the teacher and explain the situation. I sent my son to school after six hard weeks of training and he refused to go on their toilet the first couple of days, but eventually he caught on.

and youre not doomed, if he has a setback, he'll catch up again in a day or two.

luvsfun

Post Wed, Jul 09 2008, 10:56 pm
Thanks Mama Bear, I sent him w/ a potty today so that he shouldnt be afraid to go but he sat on it a few times & did nothing... at home he's ok, he remembers most times.... I guess over the weekend I'll be more ontop of the situation.

Tefila

Post Wed, Jul 09 2008, 11:04 pm
Actually I am suprised they let you bring a potty. Our policy here is no pottys in school or camp toilet seats yes.
Most camps/schools though will work with your child in the toilet training process as long as you have been doing it at home as well.

luvsfun

Post Sun, Jul 13 2008, 3:56 pm
Tefila, he spends 9 hrs a day there so they really have to work w/ the kids... anyway, for cleanliness im happy that they allow sending our own potty
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training