Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Shouldn't bakery stuff always be good ?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 16 2023, 4:25 pm
Feeling annoyed. I don't usually splurge on baked goods cuz they're so expensive. But today I bought a tray of blondies cake and they were so dried out and stale and too cakey -not blondie at all - not moist and chewy. Isn't the point of bakery things that they have tested recipes ? and they would only sell delicious stuff ?

oneofakind

Post Fri, Jun 16 2023, 4:29 pm
Homemade is better.
I only buy specific things that have a good track record and check the dates before buying.

Amarante

Post Fri, Jun 16 2023, 5:02 pm
Depends on the bakery as there are different quality of bakeries.

Was the tray packaged because in my experience better quality bakeries generally don’t sell pre packed items so you pay by the weight or the number if whatever and the people behind the counter pack them up for you.

Last edited by Amarante on Fri, Jun 16 2023, 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Jun 16 2023, 5:08 pm
Not all bakeries are good. I only buy at 2 specific bakeries in my neighborhood.

amother
Viola

Post Fri, Jun 16 2023, 5:11 pm
Stale is stale, but as to the rest, #1 not all bakeries are wonderful and #2 everyone has different taste. I am constantly listening to people rave about bakeries and restaurants that I find awful. That's life.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen