Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
A gift for my special grandson

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 12:13 pm
My grandson is soon going to be Barmitzvah.

This gorgeous boy had a serious medical condition that he was born with which meant he was in and out of hospital for about the first 7 seven years of his life including many times when his condition was life threatening. I am so grateful to Hashem as it is through great Nissim that B"H my grandson is doing o.k. now.
As you can probably imagine I would like to get him a special gift. He has learning difficulties so a Sefer would not the the right thing to get. His interests are on a lower level then age 13, I would say closer to 10/11. He doesn't have much that interests him, the only books he reads are Harry Potter.

I would appreciate any ideas that come to mind.
Thank you.

amother
Darkblue

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 12:15 pm
Watch?

amother
NeonYellow

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 12:16 pm
Menorah?

mha3484

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 12:17 pm
How about an experience you can do together?

lfab

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 12:18 pm
I don't know what your budget is, but a silver kiddush cup is a beautiful gift that he can use for the rest of his life I"yh.

amother
Molasses

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 12:43 pm
Take him to the Harry Potter theme park as a special trip

amother
Ebony

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 3:22 pm
lfab wrote:
I don't know what your budget is, but a silver kiddush cup is a beautiful gift that he can use for the rest of his life I"yh.

My bar mitzvah age son has a slight disability and used some of his bar mitzvah money to buy himself a gorgeous (fake) becher. He cherishes it and uses it every Friday night to say kiddush out loud along with my husband.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 4:24 pm
Thank you for your different suggestions.

A thought has just come to my mind which is the nintendo switch. Do any of you have one for your child? I know if I do buy it the siblings of my grandson will argue and want to use it for themself. Nevertheless I think my grandson would love this.

WWYD?

polka dots

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 4:27 pm
kiddush cup, a challah cover with his name, a shtender for table.

bebrave

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 4:35 pm
amother OP wrote:

A thought has just come to my mind which is the nintendo switch. Do any of you have one for your child? I know if I do buy it the siblings of my grandson will argue and want to use it for themself. Nevertheless I think my grandson would love this.

WWYD?

Excellent idea! Buy it and the arguments they can sort out on their own

amother
Steel

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 8:13 pm
amother OP wrote:

WWYD?

Please don't without consulting the parents. I would be really upset if someone gave a present like this to one of my kids, especially one on the cusp of teenage years. Either get their consent or buy something sentimental like a kiddush cup.

amother
Hyssop

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 8:17 pm
Another vote for Harry Potter world! You can take him yourself or send him on a trip with his parents or something

amother
Steelblue

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 9:09 pm
amother OP wrote:

WWYD?

Assuming the parents won’t mind the kids having a Nintendo switch I suggest you give it as family gift in honor of the bar mitzvah , or it will cause a lot of jealousy and fights.. And get a camera or some other electronic gadget special for him….
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics