Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Shluach haken in Brooklyn

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 4:37 pm
I think we might have a nest in our wall outside. There are birds flying in and out. Any company I can call to verify if shluach haken can be done?

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 4:47 pm
amother OP wrote:
I think we might have a nest in our wall outside. There are birds flying in and out. Any company I can call to verify if shluach haken can be done?

Why a company? Call a Rav.

Do you know what kind of birds they are? Can you see a nest?

amother
Mimosa

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 5:01 pm
As far as I know it can't be done if it's in the wall of a house. But ask your LOR.

amother
Clematis

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 5:07 pm
You don’t need a company. You need a Rav. We had a nest in a tree on our property. Unfortunately we were not able to do shiluach haken. I won’t share details because every situation is different. You need someone who knows the halachos involved.

amother
DarkGray

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 6:00 pm
Please leave the eggs alone.

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 6:12 pm
amother DarkGray wrote:
Please leave the eggs alone.

Shiluach haken is a mitzvah. This is not an appropriate thing to say. She should leave the eggs alone if the mitzvah is not possible.

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 6:14 pm
amother Slategray wrote:
Shiluach haken is a mitzvah. This is not an appropriate thing to say. She should leave the eggs alone if the mitzvah is not possible.

This. And she can put the eggs right back afterwards, and the parents will come back and take care of them.

amother
Ballota

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 6:18 pm
amother Pink wrote:
This. And she can put the eggs right back afterwards, and the parents will come back and take care of them.

They won’t.

This mitzvah is called a חק for a reason

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 6:26 pm
amother Ballota wrote:
They won’t.

This mitzvah is called a חק for a reason

Sure they will. You can look it up if you don't believe me.

amother
Black

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 6:58 pm
If and that is if you are going to do this, please make sure you wear latex gloves. I am under the impression that if the bird smells your hand oil (or soap) on the egg, they will abandon. Please do your research as this is what I have heard, but I am not a bird expert.

Please look into this more than my saying so.

I can’t imagine that Hashem wants us to do this if we have no need for the egg. I think that it is if you are taking the egg, to make sure you do Shiluach Hakan. I don’t know of course as I am not Hashem and don’t know what Hashem really wants or thinks, but this is what I would imagine. I wouldn’t want to deter someone from doing a mitzvah, but I think you should look into it extensively before you go and do it.

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 7:11 pm
amother Black wrote:
If and that is if you are going to do this, please make sure you wear latex gloves. I am under the impression that if the bird smells your hand oil (or soap) on the egg, they will abandon. Please do your research as this is what I have heard, but I am not a bird expert.

Please look into this more than my saying so.

It's a myth, birds don't have a strong sense of smell.

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 8:33 pm
I did it once. Ask a rav about the specifics because it needs to be on ownerless property or hefker, the birds need to be kosher, it has to be the mother etc there are more things to know. Anyway I took the eggs and lifted them high in the air. Then I put them back and the mother returned a while later and the eggs hatched and everything was fine. I wore disposable gloves because they can carry parasites and diseases

cnc

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 8:49 pm
The Halachos are very complicated which is why there are specific people well versed in the halachos and details that guide you- Rabbi Kahan is one that many people use .

amother
Garnet

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 8:53 pm
cnc wrote:
The Halachos are very complicated which is why there are specific people well versed in the halachos and details that guide you- Rabbi Kahan is one that many people use .

His number is 917-923-0995 we needed a big segula and asked him to find a nest for us what should I say he is GREAT!!! So thoroughly and passionately explains every halacha and hashkufa and yes we were helped in that area bh

amother
Mimosa

Post Fri, Jun 23 2023, 10:32 am
amother OP wrote:

FYI we recently had a bird nest in our outside wall. Birds weren't kosher. But once the eggs hatched we had bird mites in the house. They came in through the ac. So even if you can't do shiluach haken you might wanna remove the nest to avoid that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries