Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Yonanas Ice Cream Maker

myname1

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 3:06 am
I looked it up in previous posts and didn't find anything, which surprised me. Has anyone ever heard of the Yonanas ice cream maker? Ever tried it?

I have A LOT of frozen bananas lately. I was making really basic milkshakes with them for my kids but they got tired of them. I remembered a machine called yonanas that supposedly made really good soft-serve ice cream with frozen bananas as a base. If you've ever had "froyo" in Israel (or in the US), where they put a frozen yogurt base into the blender and then blend in things like chocolate or fruit, I think they claimed it works like that, except frozen bananas are the base instead of frozen yogurt.

Last night I decided to try it with my food processor. I needed to add some milk to get it to blend and I added chocolate chips which didn't really blend in at all. Pretty good, but not too special. I don't think it was even thicker than a thick milkshake. My question is would yonanas, or anything similar, be more "special"?

I found the website (https://yonanas.com/) and it's much cheaper than I expected. So can it really be powerful enough to crush chocolate or anything similarly hard? Or does froyo not do that either? Could be they use softer chocolate bars? Sorry, that was really long. If anyone has had experience with something like this, I'd love to hear! If you can recommend such a machine bought in Israel, that'd make my day! (But I'd love to hear about elsewhere, too!)

ez-pass

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 7:38 am
I have a yonana. I never use it honestly. I have used it for frozen fruits but I didn't love it it enough to use it often.

Mommyflower

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 7:42 am
My kids bought one a few years ago. They used it a couple of times, but it was really just a gimmick and did not taste like ice cream. No one has used it since and we may have tossed it during a pesach cleaning. To be fair, we also have an ice cream maker and have only used it successfully a handful of times.

amother1223

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 8:01 am
I love ours!!! Kids love it too! We have one for pesach also

myname1

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 9:22 am
Thanks all, so interesting to see the different opinions! I read up about it this morning a bunch and it looks like it's just for fruit, not additions like chocolate chips. So I tried this afternoon crushing my choc chips in a mini food processor and then processing the bananas and adding those. And that worked pretty well with just a bit of milk. So I'm thinking that's pretty much the same as the yonanas but better because I can do more at the same time. The yonanas would just be fun to swirl it out like real ice cream. But I don't think it's worth it just for that aspect. I'm thinking if I happen to come across it for a good price somewhere, maybe I'll give it a shot, but I'm not so eager anymore.

amother 1223, what do you do with yours? Any favorite recipes you can share? I'd like to try new things with my food processor for now.

amother1223

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 9:25 am
We add choc chips, mint, sprinkles on top. You can get creative and there’s a recipe book that comes with. Like peanut butter and jelly yonanas. It tastes like soft serve but it is parve and I can see many people whose palates are used to heavily processed food, ice cream etc comparing it but we eat very healthy in my house and my kids love it, it’s a treat! Fyi we also live out of town and don’t have an ice cream place etc
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars