Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Zimras Chaim Seminary
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 12:03 pm
A few good friends' daughters are going there so I've heard details.
How is it realistic?
Full price is $15000 no add-ons.
They're making Yom Tov, most Shabbosim, have great teachers, going on trips.
Is it sustainable?
Is it going to force the other seminaries to lower their prices? Are more such seminaries going to open?

So many posters claim that seminaries charge 25k because that's how much is needed to run a well-run seminary. But this new seminary is doing it for 15k?
Anyone know?
I have a daughter going into 12th so I'm very curious and wondering if this is going to change anything

amother
Blueberry

Post Thu, Jun 29 2023, 1:21 pm
I heard they dont have a building\ location yet. I know someone going who is freaking out… true?

amother
Nasturtium

Post Thu, Jun 29 2023, 1:42 pm
amother OP wrote:
A few good friends' daughters are going there so I've heard details.
How is it realistic?
Full price is $15000 no add-ons.
They're making Yom Tov, most Shabbosim, have great teachers, going on trips.
Is it sustainable?
Is it going to force the other seminaries to lower their prices? Are more such seminaries going to open?

So many posters claim that seminaries charge 25k because that's how much is needed to run a well-run seminary. But this new seminary is doing it for 15k?
Anyone know?
I have a daughter going into 12th so I'm very curious and wondering if this is going to change anything

Lucky you, you'll get to see how next year goes.

You already have Nishmas coming is at 21k. By truly being being a "not for profit" vs a profit making machine.

Zimras is of course that much lower. But how is BRC able to charge 1.5k for camp? The answer to both is probably the same.

The answer to will other sems lower their prices.....well did camps?

abound

Post Thu, Jun 29 2023, 2:05 pm
Most seminaries have an owner/ investor usually from America that needs to make a lot of money so that's where all the rest of the money is going. This Seminary was open up so that people can have Seminary for cheaper. There's no investor/owner that has to make that much money back so it's really only for whatever it's costing.

Last edited by abound on Thu, Jun 29 2023, 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Jean

Post Thu, Jun 29 2023, 2:06 pm
The price will probably go up to something like 20k next year, they will very likely lose money this year. They also don't take Masa but maybe they will in the future.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 29 2023, 2:14 pm
abound wrote:
Most seminaries have an owner/ investor usually from America that needs to make a lot of money so that's where all the rest of the money is going. This Seminary was open up by Chicago askonim so that people can have Seminary for cheaper. There's no investor/owner that has to make that much money back so it's really only for whatever it's costing.

Are you sure it's opened by Chicago askanim?
As far as I'm aware, it's opened by Perlstein in Lakewood who owns a few schools a yeshiva and BRC and Ruach Chaim which are both known to be low cost

And raising the price tp 20k next year, so what's the point of the seminary?
I thought the whole point was to make an affordable cheaper seminary.

abound

Post Thu, Jun 29 2023, 2:16 pm
No I am not sure who it was opened up by, its what I heard through the grapevine.

Ill edit my post

mha3484

Post Thu, Jun 29 2023, 2:16 pm
Its not Chicago. Fox said on a different thread that no one took R Feurst up on his request. It would be news here if it was a Chicago initiative.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Thu, Jun 29 2023, 2:49 pm
amother OP wrote:
Are you sure it's opened by Chicago askanim?
As far as I'm aware, it's opened by Perlstein in Lakewood who owns a few schools a yeshiva and BRC and Ruach Chaim which are both known to be low cost

And raising the price tp 20k next year, so what's the point of the seminary?
I thought the whole point was to make an affordable cheaper seminary.

It's definitely Rabbi Perlstein's place.
No idea if others are involved

I'm not saying anything about whether price goes up or not in the future....but 20k is still relatively affordable as it's 5 to 10k less than almost everywhere else.

amother
Blueberry

Post Thu, Jun 29 2023, 6:51 pm
Any info on location?

amother
Candycane

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 9:23 am
I would love to hear how it is going this year. what is the crowd like? location? learning/accademics? dorn? program?

amother
Candycane

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 9:21 am
how do the girls compare to chemdas and nishmas?

amother
Nasturtium

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 12:16 pm
amother Candycane wrote:
how do the girls compare to chemdas and nishmas?

Lots of overlap.

Probably in the middle of chemdas and nishmas. Plenty of girls applied last year to zimras that would have applied to one and not the other.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Wed, Dec 06 2023, 7:22 pm
As a Hadar graduate, I'm so curious as to how Mrs. Twersky structured her seminary.
Who teaches there?
Does Mrs. Feldman?
Do the Twersky daughters?

amother
Candycane

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 1:30 pm
How is it going this year? What crowd is applying now? How big is it?

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 2:41 pm
My daughter just told me there are 200 girls from bais shaidel in Lakewood applying. I imagine a handful or so will get in. That may be an indication of the type interested

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 2:43 pm
amother Ghostwhite wrote:
My daughter just told me there are 200 girls from bais shaidel in Lakewood applying. I imagine a handful or so will get in. That may be an indication of the type interested

Not sure it has so much to do with the type but more to do with the fact that it’s half price all other seminaries!!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 2:51 pm
amother Ghostwhite wrote:

That number seems like an exaggeration.
How many 12th graders are there? 250? And I know quite a few who aren't applying to ey at all

I do know that there are around 45 applying from Oros (out of 110)

amother
Candycane

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 3:08 pm
For the non lakewooders , what is the "type" that these high schools would indicate?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 3:14 pm
amother Candycane wrote:
For the non lakewooders , what is the "type" that these high schools would indicate?

As a stereotype, Bais Shaindel tends to run quite yeshivish, slightly less academic, fairly insulated.
Oros tends to run very academic, a bit more of a Lakewood mix, skews a bit OOT BY within Lakewood.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info