Home
Log in / Sign Up
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Zimras Chaim Seminary
1  2  Next



Post new topic   Reply to topic View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother
OP


 

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 9:03 am
A few good friends' daughters are going there so I've heard details.
How is it realistic?
Full price is $15000 no add-ons.
They're making Yom Tov, most Shabbosim, have great teachers, going on trips.
Is it sustainable?
Is it going to force the other seminaries to lower their prices? Are more such seminaries going to open?

So many posters claim that seminaries charge 25k because that's how much is needed to run a well-run seminary. But this new seminary is doing it for 15k?
Anyone know?
I have a daughter going into 12th so I'm very curious and wondering if this is going to change anything
Back to top

amother
Blueberry


 

Post Thu, Jun 29 2023, 10:21 am
I heard they dont have a building\ location yet. I know someone going who is freaking out… true?
Back to top

amother
Nasturtium


 

Post Thu, Jun 29 2023, 10:42 am
amother OP wrote:
A few good friends' daughters are going there so I've heard details.
How is it realistic?
Full price is $15000 no add-ons.
They're making Yom Tov, most Shabbosim, have great teachers, going on trips.
Is it sustainable?
Is it going to force the other seminaries to lower their prices? Are more such seminaries going to open?

So many posters claim that seminaries charge 25k because that's how much is needed to run a well-run seminary. But this new seminary is doing it for 15k?
Anyone know?
I have a daughter going into 12th so I'm very curious and wondering if this is going to change anything


Lucky you, you'll get to see how next year goes.

You already have Nishmas coming is at 21k. By truly being being a "not for profit" vs a profit making machine.

Zimras is of course that much lower. But how is BRC able to charge 1.5k for camp? The answer to both is probably the same.

The answer to will other sems lower their prices.....well did camps?
Back to top

abound




 
 
    
 

Post Thu, Jun 29 2023, 11:05 am
Most seminaries have an owner/ investor usually from America that needs to make a lot of money so that's where all the rest of the money is going. This Seminary was open up so that people can have Seminary for cheaper. There's no investor/owner that has to make that much money back so it's really only for whatever it's costing.

Last edited by abound on Thu, Jun 29 2023, 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top

amother
Jean


 

Post Thu, Jun 29 2023, 11:06 am
The price will probably go up to something like 20k next year, they will very likely lose money this year. They also don't take Masa but maybe they will in the future.
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Thu, Jun 29 2023, 11:14 am
abound wrote:
Most seminaries have an owner/ investor usually from America that needs to make a lot of money so that's where all the rest of the money is going. This Seminary was open up by Chicago askonim so that people can have Seminary for cheaper. There's no investor/owner that has to make that much money back so it's really only for whatever it's costing.


Are you sure it's opened by Chicago askanim?
As far as I'm aware, it's opened by Perlstein in Lakewood who owns a few schools a yeshiva and BRC and Ruach Chaim which are both known to be low cost

And raising the price tp 20k next year, so what's the point of the seminary?
I thought the whole point was to make an affordable cheaper seminary.
Back to top

abound




 
 
    
 

Post Thu, Jun 29 2023, 11:16 am
No I am not sure who it was opened up by, its what I heard through the grapevine.

Ill edit my post
Back to top

mha3484




 
 
    
 

Post Thu, Jun 29 2023, 11:16 am
Its not Chicago. Fox said on a different thread that no one took R Feurst up on his request. It would be news here if it was a Chicago initiative.
Back to top

amother
Nasturtium


 

Post Thu, Jun 29 2023, 11:49 am
amother OP wrote:
Are you sure it's opened by Chicago askanim?
As far as I'm aware, it's opened by Perlstein in Lakewood who owns a few schools a yeshiva and BRC and Ruach Chaim which are both known to be low cost

And raising the price tp 20k next year, so what's the point of the seminary?
I thought the whole point was to make an affordable cheaper seminary.


It's definitely Rabbi Perlstein's place.
No idea if others are involved

I'm not saying anything about whether price goes up or not in the future....but 20k is still relatively affordable as it's 5 to 10k less than almost everywhere else.
Back to top

amother
Blueberry


 

Post Thu, Jun 29 2023, 3:51 pm
Any info on location?
Back to top

amother
Candycane


 

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 6:23 am
I would love to hear how it is going this year. what is the crowd like? location? learning/accademics? dorn? program?
Back to top

amother
Candycane


 

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 6:21 am
how do the girls compare to chemdas and nishmas?
Back to top

amother
Nasturtium


 

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 9:16 am
amother Candycane wrote:
how do the girls compare to chemdas and nishmas?


Lots of overlap.

Probably in the middle of chemdas and nishmas. Plenty of girls applied last year to zimras that would have applied to one and not the other.
Back to top

amother
Cyclamen


 

Post Wed, Dec 06 2023, 4:22 pm
As a Hadar graduate, I'm so curious as to how Mrs. Twersky structured her seminary.
Who teaches there?
Does Mrs. Feldman?
Do the Twersky daughters?
Back to top

amother
Candycane


 

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 10:30 am
How is it going this year? What crowd is applying now? How big is it?
Back to top

amother
Ghostwhite


 

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 11:41 am
My daughter just told me there are 200 girls from bais shaidel in Lakewood applying. I imagine a handful or so will get in. That may be an indication of the type interested
Back to top

amother
Seafoam


 

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 11:43 am
amother Ghostwhite wrote:
My daughter just told me there are 200 girls from bais shaidel in Lakewood applying. I imagine a handful or so will get in. That may be an indication of the type interested

Not sure it has so much to do with the type but more to do with the fact that it’s half price all other seminaries!!
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 11:51 am
amother Ghostwhite wrote:
My daughter just told me there are 200 girls from bais shaidel in Lakewood applying. I imagine a handful or so will get in. That may be an indication of the type interested


That number seems like an exaggeration.
How many 12th graders are there? 250? And I know quite a few who aren't applying to ey at all

I do know that there are around 45 applying from Oros (out of 110)
Back to top

amother
Candycane


 

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 12:08 pm
For the non lakewooders , what is the "type" that these high schools would indicate?
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 12:14 pm
amother Candycane wrote:
For the non lakewooders , what is the "type" that these high schools would indicate?


As a stereotype, Bais Shaindel tends to run quite yeshivish, slightly less academic, fairly insulated.
Oros tends to run very academic, a bit more of a Lakewood mix, skews a bit OOT BY within Lakewood.
Back to top
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics




Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Seminary girl monthly expenses
by amother
58 Today at 11:02 am View last post
Hadras Seminary
by amother
1 Thu, Feb 22 2024, 10:54 am View last post
E-mail from seminary
by amother
99 Thu, Feb 22 2024, 7:25 am View last post
BY Chofetz chaim monsey
by amother
4 Mon, Feb 19 2024, 11:29 am View last post
Anyone know when seminary are starting next
by amother
0 Mon, Feb 12 2024, 7:53 pm View last post