Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
A few questions, sort of related to each other
1  2  Next

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Jun 29 2023, 9:37 pm
1. Is there anywhere to get a doona NEW for less than $450-$500? Is it practical in Israel? For vacation, not for moving.

2. What is a good, lightweight carrier for an 8 month old that weighs 16lb-17lb? Will be used in Israel for a week, mid July.

amother
Latte

Post Thu, Jun 29 2023, 9:42 pm
1. not right now. You need to sign up for a target baby registry so you can get a 20% off coupon. And wait for september when they will have a car seat trade in event and you can get another 20% coupon. So nearly 40% off when the coupons are stacked.
2. Lillebaby has some lightweight carriers but I get hot in them regardless.

mushkamothers

Post Thu, Jun 29 2023, 9:45 pm
It's very hard to push the doona on small cobblestone streets. I took it to Italy and it ruined the wheels.

amother
Leaf

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 4:45 am
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....17536

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 5:14 am
amother Leaf wrote:
https://www.imamother.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=517536

Thank you, I just messaged her.

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 5:14 am
mushkamothers wrote:
It's very hard to push the doona on small cobblestone streets. I took it to Italy and it ruined the wheels.

I’ll admit I haven’t been there in a while, but how much of Israel is cobblestone streets?

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 5:22 am
amother Latte wrote:
1. not right now. You need to sign up for a target baby registry so you can get a 20% off coupon. And wait for september when they will have a car seat trade in event and you can get another 20% coupon. So nearly 40% off when the coupons are stacked.
2. Lillebaby has some lightweight carriers but I get hot in them regardless.

I have a Lillebaby original, is that more or less breathable than anything they’re selling now? Would a ring sling or a wrap carrier be more practical?

Rabbit613

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 6:26 am
Thr doona doesn't push so well. So if you are doing alot of walking it can be annoying but what I do like is that its very easy to go up down stairs with it. Many places in Israel have stairs so thats a plus.

LovesHashem

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 6:31 am
Ema of 5 wrote:
I’ll admit I haven’t been there in a while, but how much of Israel is cobblestone streets?

The streets are made from bricks. Are. You renting a car? Why not just take a travel stroller?

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 6:34 am
LovesHashem wrote:
The streets are made from bricks. Are. You renting a car? Why not just take a travel stroller?

We are renting a car. I can’t just take a travel stroller because my baby is still in an infant seat.
How much of the streets are cobblestone vs. regular streets? I don’t remember lot of cobblestone, but it’s been a while so maybe I’m remembering wrong. I remember a lot of regular streets.

Rabbit613

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 6:37 am
The streets are mostly regular. There is cobblestone in the old city and some other ancient places as well.

LovesHashem

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 6:39 am
Ema of 5 wrote:
We are renting a car. I can’t just take a travel stroller because my baby is still in an infant seat.
How much of the streets are cobblestone vs. regular streets? I don’t remember lot of cobblestone, but it’s been a while so maybe I’m remembering wrong. I remember a lot of regular streets.

If you are renting a car the whole time than you might be able to just take a doona. There's not alot of cobblestone except in old areas.

What do you mean by infant seat? We have a city mini tour and that's fine for an 8 month old.

I just think you and baby will be more comfortable with a proper stroller. The doona is a low handle bar, no basket, not the comfiest position etc.

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 6:46 am
LovesHashem wrote:
If you are renting a car the whole time than you might be able to just take a doona. There's not alot of cobblestone except in old areas.

What do you mean by infant seat? We have a city mini tour and that's fine for an 8 month old.

I just think you and baby will be more comfortable with a proper stroller. The doona is a low handle bar, no basket, not the comfiest position etc.

I mean when we go in the car he’s still in an infant seat. My husband suggested getting a doona so that it will take up less space, and be easier in and out of the car.

amother
Stone

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 7:11 am
LovesHashem wrote:

Needs an infant car sear in addition to the stroller if she goes with a city mini tour or any other carriage.

WitchKitty

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 7:26 am
If it's only you and the baby, it's practical for Israel. Not that many cobblestones.
If you're taking all the kids, remember it can take up a lot of space in the car compared to a small regular carseat.
If you have the carrier, why would you need a Doona too?

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 7:28 am
WitchKitty wrote:
If it's only you and the baby, it's practical for Israel. Not that many cobblestones.
If you're taking all the kids, remember it can take up a lot of space in the car compared to a small regular carseat.
If you have the carrier, why would you need a Doona too?

Just me and my husband and the baby.
I need the carrier for if we do any hikes or hiking type things. I don’t want to have only one option, and then be stuck.

LovesHashem

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 7:30 am
amother Stone wrote:
Needs an infant car sear in addition to the stroller if she goes with a city mini tour or any other carriage.

Right. You can bring a stroller and car seat on the plane. That's another option besides a doona.

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 7:45 am
LovesHashem wrote:
Right. You can bring a stroller and car seat on the plane. That's another option besides a doona.

Right, but that takes up space in the car, as opposed to the doona, which doesn’t.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 7:54 am
You can get a very compact stroller for cheaper than a doona that can even fit in front of the seat vs trunk (how much car space do you need?)
I would think if you were taking taxis a Doona would be helpful, but if you're renting a car, it seems like such a waste because your baby won't get much use out of it long term.

SG18

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 7:55 am
I wouldn't buy a Doona specifically for Israel. Better to have a stroller with a basket that you can put a diaper bag and/or shopping bags in. DH and I carry a full size stroller up and down stairs if necessary. While not ideal, I find the basket to be so helpful.
If you're somewhere with a lot of stairs and no ramp (most places have a ramp), you can use the carrier.
I really like the Colugo Carrier, but it isn't super cheap, for just a week. If you're planning on having more kids, I think it's a good investment piece.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics