Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Irony

ClaRivka

Post Wed, Jul 09 2008, 7:16 pm
since I started my weightloss journey back in October I have had many comliments and many many people asking me for chizuk and guidance, on Imamother and off.

Since March of this year I really havent put as much effort into my weightloss and have seen none. I've been going up and down with the same ten pounds since then.

And now people, I need encouragement!
Who's willing to help me!

the thing is that I know everything, I just don't apply it to myself. I am not looking for pointers or advice on how to do it, I know what I have to do, I know what works for me, I just need help actually doing these things!

Please help me!

Grace

Post Wed, Jul 09 2008, 7:27 pm
After losing alot of weight and getting many compliments...and feeling so sky high I did get complacent.

Complacency sucks it makes one very lax.

Say thank you when ppl compliment you etc, but remind yourself (you dont need to say it outload) "I still have some to loose dont get ahead of yourself, your not there yet" I did this to myself, I know it sounds harsh after all the work already put in. But youve become less bothered to try b/c youve already lost so much and become complacent, it doesnt hurt to bring yourself back down to earth once in a while.

Good luck, losing weight is a non stop effort...I hope it suddenly all drops off, and you reach your desired weight soon. The feeling will be tremendous.

MiracleMama

Post Wed, Jul 09 2008, 7:33 pm
You already know what to do... so now just think about what it is that got you motivated to do so well in that past. For some people the compliments keep them going. For others it's the excitement of getting rid of old "fat" clothes and buying new in a smaller size. Or maybe it's how good you feel physically. Maybe making a short term goal with a very special reward will get you going. What worked for you before? Try to tap into that excitement and energy.

ClaRivka

Post Thu, Jul 10 2008, 12:03 pm
I'm trying to use the reasoning that I have lost 40 pounds before so I KNOW it's possible.

And before I lost these last 40 pounds I had "goal clothing", but now they fit me! And the truth is that I've never been smaller so I can't even Imagine what I'd look like If I were thinner.
That's what really gets me....I can't see it....

mama-star

Post Thu, Jul 10 2008, 2:17 pm
set a weight goal for yourself and when you hit that goal, buy yourself a treat - like perfume or earrings or something.

ClaRivka

Post Thu, Jul 10 2008, 3:41 pm
Ok, I'm at 197 right now.
When I get to goal- abt 150, my mother and I are going on a vacation, just the two of us!

How does that sound? Good, no?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise