Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Playroom colors

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 06 2023, 5:08 pm
my family is redoing our playroom. we have a pink swing
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....psc=1
a black and green mat which could technically get folded up but is out a lot
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....;th=1
should have gone girly but at the time didn't realize that I would only have girls...
technically we could buy these things again in a different color but if we don't have to it would be cheaper.
our kids want to paint the walls something in the blue family. bright and happy but it's in the basement with not so much natural light so don't want it to look silly.
Does anyone have paint colors to recommend?
They want to put down carpet tiles- any recommendations- color, pattern... for that?
Thank you!

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Jul 06 2023, 5:12 pm
Blue doesn’t match these items that you linked. My playroom is painted a Tiffany blue (robin’s egg) and it’s fun and bright and reminds me of the beach. But if I was redoing I’d do it more muted gray or white and have bright accents

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 06 2023, 5:17 pm
my daughter was thinking about maybe the blue that is in the background of the link with the pink swing but wasn't sure.
I looked up your color and yeah that's the kind of thing that my kids would probably like Smile
why wouldn't you do it again?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Jul 06 2023, 5:25 pm
amother OP wrote:
my daughter was thinking about maybe the blue that is in the background of the link with the pink swing but wasn't sure.
I looked up your color and yeah that's the kind of thing that my kids would probably like Smile
why wouldn't you do it again?

Because my taste changed from cool, fun and bold to chic and elegant and boring Wink

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 06 2023, 5:39 pm
amother Pumpkin wrote:
Because my taste changed from cool, fun and bold to chic and elegant and boring Wink

lol. yeah cool and fun what my kids are going for and if they are painting it I'll let me choose Wink

Busybee5

Post Thu, Jul 06 2023, 5:41 pm
Teal/turquoise like you said that is in the background of the pink swing. I think that'll match really well.
Or lime green! Any new things you buy can be hot pink.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 06 2023, 5:43 pm
so basically a whole room of that color paint is ok. in the picture it's just one little piece, we weren't sure if a room of it would be too much but I think we'll go for it Smile

Busybee5

Post Thu, Jul 06 2023, 6:29 pm
amother OP wrote:
so basically a whole room of that color paint is ok. in the picture it's just one little piece, we weren't sure if a room of it would be too much but I think we'll go for it Smile

Or you can paint it a neutral colour and add the turquoise/lime green paint on top with a pattern/texture (loads of ideas on YouTube) or get the sticky/decals wall art in the colour of your choice. You can get circles, triangles etc.

Busybee5

Post Thu, Jul 06 2023, 6:31 pm
Mint green could look nice too if you want something more pastel and muted.

Hashemlovesme1

Post Thu, Jul 06 2023, 7:23 pm
amother OP wrote:

If you think the whole room might be too much, you can paint one wall blue, and the other 3 a neutral color, and hang blue things or paint blue accents on the other 3 walls. I’ve seen people do that in bedrooms and it looks really nice and also fun!

amother
Eggshell

Post Thu, Jul 06 2023, 7:34 pm
Do an accent wall. Aegean blue is a nice color. I did that in my home and I love it.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Thu, Jul 06 2023, 7:36 pm
Yea def only do 1 wall coloured and the rest white as you want it to look bright esp coz you said it’s a basement…

(:momoftwo:)

Post Thu, Jul 06 2023, 7:36 pm
Sorry, Aegean Teal. Aegean blue is a different color.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics