Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
7, 5 and 3 yo made all over room together
Previous  1  2  3  Next

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jul 06 2023, 10:53 pm
There definitely needs a consequence. And I hope you have people you can consult IRL. Hugs!

nelliesmellie

Post Thu, Jul 06 2023, 10:57 pm
Big punishment for the 5 and 7 year olds- whatever it is that they like to do after camp, they are docked for tomorrow. Playing with friends, special activity whatever it is. It needs to really hurt to make an impact (obviously not a physical hurt). And follow through- do not give in event if it makes your afternoon harder. They must never ever behave that way again.

amother
Peony

Post Thu, Jul 06 2023, 10:59 pm
Maybe we can thank this site for this comment,,,,, but I'd take the 7 year old for a throat culture.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 06 2023, 11:04 pm
amother Peony wrote:
Maybe we can thank this site for this comment,,,,, but I'd take the 7 year old for a throat culture.

Is that how to screen for pandas?

Genius

Post Thu, Jul 06 2023, 11:06 pm
amother OP wrote:
Is that how to screen for pandas?

It could just be strep.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 06 2023, 11:21 pm
Genius wrote:
It could just be strep.

Can you tell me more about this? Why would strep cause this? And what do I tell the doctor, that I want a throat culture because my kid made on the floor? He hasn't been complaining of any strep symptoms.

dankbar

Post Thu, Jul 06 2023, 11:27 pm
Are you sure that they didnt pull down their pants and expose themselves to each others?

amother
Leaf

Post Thu, Jul 06 2023, 11:29 pm
Voice of dissent here

Yes it was wrong. Yes I’d be annoyed too. However they don’t need crazy punishments and there’s really no need for extreme concern here. Kids do stupid things. I remember my brother doing this. He’s really ok now.

Yes if it would be a pattern then it’s concerning. They’re tired. It was a hot long boring day. They’re being kids

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 06 2023, 11:30 pm
dankbar wrote:
Are you sure that they didnt pull down their pants and expose themselves to each others?

I have no idea what they did. I told them very strongly that it's a very, very bad thing and we don't ever, ever pull down our pants in front of someone else. But they know that already.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Jul 06 2023, 11:37 pm
My sons teacher kept telling me to test for strep bec he was making trouble In school and he is usually a good kid . I ignored her but then she kept telling me he’s doing things he would never do like pouring water into a box of clicks… so I took him to Dr and he had strep ! He didn’t have any other symptoms.
I can tell Dr he’s acting different and misbehaving .

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Jul 06 2023, 11:52 pm
amother OP wrote:
😱😱
They're difficult at bedtime but I got them all settled, they were quiet in their beds. Turns out the 7 and 3 yos went quietly into the 5 yos room and the three of them together made all over the desk and floor!
What on earth?! I've never encountered behavior like this before in all my years of parenting!

That’s hilarious!
They get along!
They play together
My very talented brilliant young married son did crazy stuff like that all the time- I’m sure I shrieked- but with hindsight it was really funny

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 06 2023, 11:54 pm
amother Pearl wrote:
That’s hilarious!
They get along!
They play together
My very talented brilliant young married son did crazy stuff like that all the time- I’m sure I shrieked- but with hindsight it was really funny

I don't know whether to laugh or cry from your post! You're invited here to deal with it.

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 12:01 am
amother OP wrote:
The 7 year old has been much more difficult lately. The ds older than him thinks his friend at school is a bad influence

Its fine OP.
As a mother of rowdy boys I can tell you that some of them had not so nice ideas that I took too seriously.

By now they are all good well behaved adults and if I could take anything back I would definitely take my reactions back.

I would just tell them in a low voice;
this isn't nice. Animals do this but people go to the toilet.

Move on.

amother
Broom

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 12:15 am
I remember my brother doing it in the pickle jar.
Which was at the other side of the kitchen.

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 1:24 am
I had a neighbor that convinced me to “water the flowers” from the window gates. Someone peed in the jack in the box toy (I don’t remember if it was me or her but boy was my mother mad.

Kids do silly stuff. It’s normal. I’m still impulsive but not a rule breaker at all.

amother
Pansy

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 5:13 am
amother cornflower wrote:
My sons teacher kept telling me to test for strep bec he was making trouble In school and he is usually a good kid . I ignored her but then she kept telling me he’s doing things he would never do like pouring water into a box of clicks… so I took him to Dr and he had strep ! He didn’t have any other symptoms.
I can tell Dr he’s acting different and misbehaving .

This is definitely a thing. I had a student who would be super misbehaved every once in a while, and then be out sick with strep the next 2 days. That's how the beginning of it manifested in her.

amother
Mayflower

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 8:26 am
My 6 year old does this when he’s lazy to go to the bathroom. At least he pees into a cup though.

I make him clean it up.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 8:42 am
amother Pearl wrote:
That’s hilarious!
They get along!
They play together

Agree!! My normal successful brothers for sure teamed up to do crazy stuff like this

amother
Denim

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 8:44 am
amother Pearl wrote:
That’s hilarious!
They get along!
They play together

Sorry this is very invalidating.

It's is NOT funny or hilarious when kids band together to do something like this.

amother
Sand

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 10:25 am
OP, I don't think you have to worry about the behavior not being normal.

If you specifically want to give a consequence, maybe you can require that they go use the bathroom every half hour today, explain that they may have forgotten how to use the bathroom, so today they'll practice. It will get very annoying to them to have to stop playing repeatedly and hopefully they will learn their lesson.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers