Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
7, 5 and 3 yo made all over room together
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Wheat

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 10:31 am
I agree not to overreact. yes it was naughty. likely they know that now.
and I would also say it's disappointing to the 7 and 5 yr old separately bc u thought they knew that people use the toilet and don't pee anywhere....show a disappointed face rather than angry.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 10:32 am
Boys being boys. Definitely have them clean it and no coming out of the room till it’s all cleaned up. Even if they are having fun, they aren’t really enjoying cleaning it. You can also talk to the older ones and teach them that it’s unsanitary and can cause bacteria, illness, and bugs. Therefore, it’s a serious matter and should never be done again. Everything it touched needs to be sprayed and sanitized now.

amother
Taupe

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 10:35 am
amother OP wrote:
Can you tell me more about this? Why would strep cause this? And what do I tell the doctor, that I want a throat culture because my kid made on the floor? He hasn't been complaining of any strep symptoms.

Didn’t read past this comment but my 7 year old has always had strep whenever his behavior is extremely wacky. Every time. He doesn’t complain of a sore throat, doesn’t have fever… just crazy insane behavior. It’s always strep
To those who say he’s a carrier and will always test positive, he is not. There are plenty of times I’ve gotten him tested for strep (like if a sibling has it or he complained his throat hurt) and he tested negative.
It’s a weird thing these days, but many kids display strep symptoms behaviorally

amother
Topaz

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 12:17 pm
amother Taupe wrote:
Didn’t read past this comment but my 7 year old has always had strep whenever his behavior is extremely wacky. Every time. He doesn’t complain of a sore throat, doesn’t have fever… just crazy insane behavior. It’s always strep
To those who say he’s a carrier and will always test positive, he is not. There are plenty of times I’ve gotten him tested for strep (like if a sibling has it or he complained his throat hurt) and he tested negative.
It’s a weird thing these days, but many kids display strep symptoms behaviorally

Thanks for all bringing up the strep thing! This is slightly off topic but my 5 yo has been so much more impulsive the past week or 2, and he happens to have had strep last week. My husband keeps blaming the behavior on a specific incident but I really think it might just be strep.
How long should it take for the behavior to clear up once he starts antibiotics?

amother
Black

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 12:41 pm
Just for some chizuk, my son used to do this all the time, along with other disgusting things (picking nose and leaving on the walll...) He was like a puppy that needed house training. Bh he's now a great bochur!

amother
Marigold

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 12:49 pm
amother Broom wrote:
I remember my brother doing it in the pickle jar.
Which was at the other side of the kitchen.

One of my kids peed into the box with his train set which was in his closet. I had no idea. He did it more than once . I kept smelling something and couldn’t figure out where it was coming from . Then one day while organizing the toys I discovered what he did . I was freaking out and of course tossed the toy which valued over $100 . He was between the ages of 5 and 7. I think he did it because he was lazy to go to the bathroom while playing .

amother
Marigold

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 12:51 pm
amother Peony wrote:
Maybe we can thank this site for this comment,,,,, but I'd take the 7 year old for a throat culture.

When my 5 yr old daughter starts acting out and or having what seems like intentional urinating accidents on the floor I test her for strep and it’s always been positive.

amother
Amaranthus

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 12:58 pm
amother Taupe wrote:

Same here. Exactly. I always thought my son was an anomaly with his strep showing no physical symptoms except for extreme behavior.

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 1:17 pm
amother Amaranthus wrote:
Same here. Exactly. I always thought my son was an anomaly with his strep showing no physical symptoms except for extreme behavior.

My 9 y/o daughter has always been like this too. All of my kids are, to a degree. When they start acting off I immediately suspect strep. The first time we saw it was when my oldest was about 4 and bit another kid at playgroup, which was totally out of character, and the morah suggested we test for strep...

amother
Zinnia

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 1:36 pm
Ok now I’m invested in this thread because I want to know if your child does in fact have strep. Keep us posted!

realsilver

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 2:08 pm
amother Peony wrote:
Maybe we can thank this site for this comment,,,,, but I'd take the 7 year old for a throat culture.

yes yes yes. my daughter had strep every time she started doing these kinds of things.

forget about pandas for a minute. (its too triggering for people) first check for strep!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 10 2023, 12:54 pm
Update: no strep!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers