Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
In a sentence

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 7:22 am
How would you describe baby led feeding?
What is your experience with the it?

SuperWify

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 8:21 am
Best thing ever.
With my first I started at 18m he still is very picky. With my sending I started at 5 months and she’s an excellent eater bh.

amother
Valerian

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 10:37 am
I did BLW with 3 kids. They ate well as babies, 2 kids became extremely picky when they were toddlers. Literally didn't eat anything, it was so exhausting!

AlwaysGrateful

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 10:54 am
Convenient and way more fun than traditional weaning.

When I spoon fed my babies from a jar, I had to sit there patiently no matter what was going on in my house with the other kids. Baby would often spit it out, or start kvetching, I never knew if I was going too fast or slow or baby was done or wanted a different food. If there wasn't time to sit and feed for twenty minutes, I'd often go a few days without feeding baby solids and then felt so guilty and frustrated.

The transition to real foods was also hard, everything had to be cut up so small and be so soft but they were always hungry so I found myself relying on jars more and more often which again meant sitting there and spoonfeeding them and feeling even guiltier when I didn't have time.

BLW means that we all sit down for dinner and so does baby. It means baby being so cute and trying to take a bite out of a salmon cake for the first time, or getting fingers around a slippery melon and the huge smile when he successfully does it and tastes it! It means washing dishes while baby eats breakfast, and talking with him at the same time...or packing lunches or doing a kid's hair while baby is happily eating.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics