Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Do you use a barbeque?
1  2  Next

frumie123

Post Sun, Jul 09 2023, 12:38 am
If you own a barbeque, do you use it often? What do you make on it besides burgers and hot dogs?

Trying to figure out if it's worth it to buy

effess

Post Sun, Jul 09 2023, 12:41 am
Chicken: breasts, chicken in the bone, boneless thighs, wings
Steak
Corn
All types of vegetables

If I’d have separate grates, I’d grill salmon

socialbutterfly

Post Sun, Jul 09 2023, 12:44 am
Literally any meat or chicken or veg we'd make in the house. We recently did meatballs and they were fabulous!

Blessing1

Post Sun, Jul 09 2023, 12:44 am
We grill constantly throughout the summer.
Chicken wings
Chicken cutlets
Steaks
Corn
Potatoes
Veggie skewers

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Jul 09 2023, 12:48 am
I believe it’s called a grill. Just for clarity. And we use ours all the time. Specifically during spring and summer. Steak, chicken, burgers, hot dogs, pastrami, corn, zucchini, onions, potatoes, And more.

momof2+?

Post Sun, Jul 09 2023, 12:50 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
I believe it’s called a grill. Just for clarity. And we use ours all the time. Specifically during spring and summer. Steak, chicken, burgers, hot dogs, pastrami, corn, zucchini, onions, potatoes, And more.

I’ve never heard of potatoes on the grill! Sweet or regular? How do you prepare it? How long does it grill for?

Queen Of Hearts

Post Sun, Jul 09 2023, 12:57 am
All options mentioned above.
Plus, grilled Kisha-delish!
I've never done it but grilled peaches, pineapple and even watermelon are supposed to be really good.
Kosher.com showcased a peach crumble skillet on the grill.

BatyaEsther

Post Sun, Jul 09 2023, 1:06 am
Don’t use mine at all.
It does taste delicious, but I find it too difficult to run between the kitchen and the deck with sides cooking on the stove, washing and preparing at the sink, the meat outside and everything needing to be watched. Further, my kids don’t like to be outside without me and I don’t like them in the house with the burners on without me. It is just a few minutes back and forth, DH doesn’t eat outside so it then is brought back in anyway. And then cleaning the grill is the worst! To me, it is way more hassle than it is worth.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jul 09 2023, 2:39 am
mommy3b2c wrote:

A barbeque is a thing. Im not sure a grill is the same.
But the op asked about a barbeque. 🤔

mybusyima

Post Sun, Jul 09 2023, 2:52 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
A barbeque is a thing. Im not sure a grill is the same.
But the op asked about a barbeque. 🤔

A barbecue is the actual meal you eat outdoors that usually involves food prepared on a grill.

Newcastle

Post Sun, Jul 09 2023, 6:21 am
mybusyima wrote:
A barbecue is the actual meal you eat outdoors that usually involves food prepared on a grill.

In truth, barbecue is a form of low, slow cooking while grilling is a form of quick, high heat cooking. But still, many use the term barbecue when they actually mean grilling.

DrMom

Post Sun, Jul 09 2023, 6:53 am
mybusyima wrote:

The word has several definitions:

Dictionary
Definitions from Oxford Languages
bar·be·cue
noun
noun: barbecue; plural noun: barbecues; noun: barbeque; plural noun: barbeques
* a meal or gathering at which meat, fish, or other food is cooked out of doors on a rack over an open fire or on a portable grill.
"in the evening there was a barbecue"

* a portable grill used for the preparation of food at a barbecue, or a brick fireplace containing a grill.
"food was placed to sizzle on the barbecue"

NORTH AMERICAN
*food cooked on a barbecue.
"all the barbecue he could eat"
verb
verb: barbecue; 3rd person present: barbecues; past tense: barbecued; past participle: barbecued; gerund or present participle: barbecuing; verb: barbeque; 3rd person present: barbeques; past tense: barbequed; past participle: barbequed; gerund or present participle: barbequing
cook (meat, fish, or other food) on a barbecue.
"fish barbecued with herbs"

newdaynewdawn

Post Sun, Jul 09 2023, 6:58 am
frumie123 wrote:
If you own a barbeque, do you use it often? What do you make on it besides burgers and hot dogs?

Trying to figure out if it's worth it to buy

Every Sunday in the summer.
Since we bought ours a year ago
We grill:
Boneless chicken
Steak
Chicken wings
Corn
Peppers
I just came across this https://www.kosher.com/video/g.....ble-2 will try today.
Somehow mt picky eaters who don't normally touch steak would eat it if its grilled.
Best part about BBQ?
DH does it all. So no prepping/serving supper on Sundays.

newdaynewdawn

Post Sun, Jul 09 2023, 7:01 am
BatyaEsther wrote:
Don’t use mine at all.
It does taste delicious, but I find it too difficult to run between the kitchen and the deck with sides cooking on the stove, washing and preparing at the sink, the meat outside and everything needing to be watched. Further, my kids don’t like to be outside without me and I don’t like them in the house with the burners on without me. It is just a few minutes back and forth, DH doesn’t eat outside so it then is brought back in anyway. And then cleaning the grill is the worst! To me, it is way more hassle than it is worth.

I cook my sides on the stove function on the grill.
If I make potatoes, Its roasted in the oven.
We also eat inside, DH brings it all in on a tray and joins us once its all ready.

Highstrung

Post Sun, Jul 09 2023, 7:34 am
We use our grill at least 2 to 3 times a week in the summer , mostly for chicken and vegetables . Our grill has a burner on the side so I can cook a pot of potatoes or rice outside as the protein and vegetables are grilling .
I’m too hot to cook indoors in the summer time.

supportgrouptt

Post Sun, Jul 09 2023, 8:03 am
Srsly some posts here made me lol! the poster must be from uk or Europe where a grill is called a BBQ it is the exact same thing😂😏 anyway so OP yes I’m from uk and we have a barbecue and we use it all the time to cook sausages, pargiot, steak, lamb, veggie skewers, corn, burgers… it’s very convenient for me as dh does all the cooking outside coz he loves it and I usually just make like a coleslaw for a side and then he also cleans it so it’s easy for me! But we have a gas bbq not charcoal so it’s easier that we don’t have to prepare the fire so I would def recommend a gas bbq

corolla

Post Sun, Jul 09 2023, 8:15 am
newdaynewdawn wrote:
We also eat inside, DH brings it all in on a tray and joins us once its all ready.

This is why it's the mens' job in my family to man (pun intended) the grill. Impossible to be in 2 places at once.

pinkpeonies

Post Sun, Jul 09 2023, 8:18 am
We grill all summer and throughout the year!
Steaks, baby chicken, sides…
Literally anything and everything

honey36

Post Sun, Jul 09 2023, 9:48 am
DH is the official griller of our family which is great. The not so great part is that he gets home from work late usually, and the littles are hungry and need to be fed earlier in the evening. So for this reason we don't use our grill that often unfortunately. Only on some Sundays when DH has time...

BatyaEsther

Post Sun, Jul 09 2023, 10:05 am
newdaynewdawn wrote:
We also eat inside, DH brings it all in on a tray and joins us once it’s all ready.

Logistically, how does that work?
If I Am blanching string beans, or any vegetable for that matter-I am washing and cutting the beans inside. Then I am filling a pot with water and then carrying the pot outside. Then I am bringing it to a boil and put the beans in. Now I need to go into the kitchen to set up a bowl of ice water and a strainer on the sink. Now I am carrying the heavy full boiling pot of water back into my kitchen, praying that I don’t spill hot water on myself or anyone else.

Why would I not just cook them in the kitchen?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics