Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Shave, wax, Electrolysis, or lazer, for DD12 hairy upper lip

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 10 2023, 9:46 pm
DD 12 has dark hair on the upper lip, and it started bothering her over the past year more and more. which method should I start with? pros and cons

singleagain

Post Mon, Jul 10 2023, 9:54 pm
Schick Hydro Silk Touch-Up Exfoliating Dermaplaning Tool, Face & Eyebrow Razor with Precision Cover- 3 Count | Dermaplaning Razor For Women https://a.co/d/1gLuDBl

As a starting or touch up I find this easy to use.

ap

Post Mon, Jul 10 2023, 10:01 pm
Electrolysis is best, otherwise wax

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Jul 10 2023, 10:03 pm
Electrolysis

amother
Moccasin

Post Mon, Jul 10 2023, 10:04 pm
ap wrote:
this. Please do not be tempted to shave because it’s don’t at home/quick/easy/cheap. It often causes stubble especially if the hair is thick and it’s hard to undo the damage.

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Jul 10 2023, 10:13 pm
Electrolysis. Permanently get rid of it now.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 10 2023, 10:15 pm
ap wrote:

what are the pros and cons of it.

I used to go to Electrolysis for myself, started at 17yr. it's really painful, especially the center luckily mine was light hair so I just dismissed it and only after some births I did lazer, also very painful but for just a few seconds and its still growing back. as of now I simply shave it.

waxing I never tried.

my daughter is only 12 and its like this for at least 2 years.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 10 2023, 10:16 pm
amother Moccasin wrote:
this. Please do not be tempted to shave because it’s don’t at home/quick/easy/cheap. It often causes stubble especially if the hair is thick and it’s hard to undo the damage.

thanks, I see we cross-posted

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 10 2023, 10:18 pm
singleagain wrote:
Schick Hydro Silk Touch-Up Exfoliating Dermaplaning Tool, Face & Eyebrow Razor with Precision Cover- 3 Count | Dermaplaning Razor For Women https://a.co/d/1gLuDBl

As a starting or touch up I find this easy to use.

thank you

amother
Daylily

Post Mon, Jul 10 2023, 10:22 pm
as someone who's done eyebrow/lip waxings for close to 20 yrs, and now does electrolysis, I would tell you to do your daughter the biggest favor and do electrolysis so she doesn't have to be busy with waxings the rest of her life. (laser shouldn't be done on facial area) usually after 2-3 yrs of electrolysis she'll be done. If you're worried abt the pain, there's a numbing cream I use, and my daughter uses, I will link below that works great, just put it on a few minutes prior. it obviously would be uncomf but not painful. https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....psc=1

salt

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 3:23 am
Waxing much cheaper than electrolysis, and it does the job.
My 12 year old does it with home-wax strips, once a month. It takes 3 minutes, and you don't have to go anywhere.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics