Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Ds5 wakes up the whole house so I can clean him
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 12:48 pm
5 is still normal to need help wiping. My preschooler comes to tell me before she goes in to poop so I know to be on call to wipe her

amother
Stone

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 12:49 pm
amother Papaya wrote:
Totally the end of the world. Asking a kid not to wake up the house and sit quietly and play instead. Oh the horrors. Sometimes I can’t believe it’s real people posting here.

You're the one that being unbelievable. Forcing a child it sit on the toilet is NOT the same as asking them to play quietly. Yes, my kids have to play quietly when they get up. But not while sitting on the toilet dirty from poop! Come on!

amother
Papaya

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 12:50 pm
Really torture for a kid to sit and play. Definitely. Much better to have everyone exhausted and lose sleep. Yes definitely choose to torture the whole family over one kids chilling. You guys have this parenting thing down pat.

amother
Peach

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 12:51 pm
I might get tomatoes for this but when my 3 yr old needs help being wiped from my very pregnant self, I sometimes use wipes. And then hand sanitizer.
You can keep both next to your bed, along with plastic bags for disposing the wipes, and do while half asleep

amother
Stone

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 12:53 pm
amother Papaya wrote:
Really torture for a kid to sit and play. Definitely. Much better to have everyone exhausted and lose sleep. Yes definitely choose to torture the whole family over one kids chilling. You guys have this parenting thing down pat.

Yes, it's torture to force a kid to sit on the toilet for an extended period of time. It's NOT forcing a kid to play quietly. And it's so so sad that you don't see the difference.
There are other ways to deal with this aside for forcing the kid to sit on the toilet. That's just sad. Punishing a kid because they used the bathroom.

amother
Glitter

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 12:54 pm
amother Papaya wrote:

We all disagree with you and we all feel really bad for your poor kids that are being forced to sit on the toilet all the time...

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 12:56 pm
amother Papaya wrote:

The kid shouldn't have to play stuck in the bathroom with a dirty tush! Instead of teaching him to sit with a dirty tush teach him to wake just 1 person to wipe him

amother
Stone

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 12:59 pm
amother Peach wrote:
I might get tomatoes for this but when my 3 yr old needs help being wiped from my very pregnant self, I sometimes use wipes. And then hand sanitizer.
You can keep both next to your bed, along with plastic bags for disposing the wipes, and do while half asleep

Why would you get tomatoes for this? What's wrong with using wipes?

rgr

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 12:59 pm
Ok ok everyone take a deep breath.

Also, OP, have him scheduled to try to use the bathroom every night before bed. Make it relaxing, have him sit for a while and try every day at on a schedule.

If he needs to go every morning early it's likely that he's constipated and when his body is relaxed it's finally coming.

amother
Glitter

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 1:05 pm
Hey Papaya,
We're really not out to get you...
We're all just really concerned about the way you seem so nonchalant about the whole bathroom situation in your house...
It's never too late to apologize to your kids and do better!
Starting from tomorrow morning!
Come back after Shabbos and tell us that you've opened your mind and your heart and we'll all celebrate together with you!

amother
Stone

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 1:09 pm
rgr wrote:
Ok ok everyone take a deep breath.

Also, OP, have him scheduled to try to use the bathroom every night before bed. Make it relaxing, have him sit for a while and try every day at on a schedule.

If he needs to go every morning early it's likely that he's constipated and when his body is relaxed it's finally coming.

It's more common and healthier to go in the morning. I'm not constipated, nor are DH or my kids, and most of us go in the morning.

amother
Marigold

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 1:19 pm
OP how early is this happening? Is he going back to sleep after or is this when he wakes up for the day? If it’s when he wakes up for the day, say any time 6am or later, I’d say it’s mostly a sleep schedule issue and you can try to work on him sleeping later. If it’s crazy early and he goes back to sleep after, I’d say it’s a bowel schedule issue and to deal with it that way.

A quick fix until you can solve it is to ask him to come wake you before he goes into the bathroom for the time being.

rgr

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 2:03 pm
amother Marigold wrote:
OP how early is this happening? Is he going back to sleep after or is this when he wakes up for the day? If it’s when he wakes up for the day, say any time 6am or later, I’d say it’s mostly a sleep schedule issue and you can try to work on him sleeping later. If it’s crazy early and he goes back to sleep after, I’d say it’s a bowel schedule issue and to deal with it that way.

A quick fix until you can solve it is to ask him to come wake you before he goes into the bathroom for the time being.

This is what I meant.

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 2:49 pm
amother Glitter wrote:
PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS A JOKE

Any time I wipe him he is hardly dirty. So what's wrong with letting him play and then wiping after. Same thing as a toddler who is playing and made a dirty diaper and doesn't tell you about it for a good 20 minutes

amother
Glitter

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 2:58 pm
amother Babypink wrote:
Any time I wipe him he is hardly dirty. So what's wrong with letting him play and then wiping after. Same thing as a toddler who is playing and made a dirty diaper and doesn't tell you about it for a good 20 minutes

Do you seriously not see a difference between a diaper and underpants???

amother
Currant

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 3:01 pm
amother Babypink wrote:

And then we have hundreds of threads on how to get rid of pinworms. This is a sure way to get them in the first place

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 3:18 pm
5 year old should know how to wipe themselves.

Tell him you are not helping him before 7 and he should do his best.

You will rewipe when you get up.

Kids must be taught not to be totally inconsiderate.

amother
Stone

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 3:19 pm
amother Babypink wrote:

Unless you give him a bath, then the smell stays on him. Even if you don't smell it, others do.

amother
Stone

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 3:20 pm
#BestBubby wrote:

It's very age appropriate for a 5 year old to still need help wiping. If he gets up at a reasonable hour, it alse age appropriate to wake up parents. Parents shouldn't be sleeping in if our young kids need us. (Assuming the kid is up at reasonable time.

amother
Glitter

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 3:23 pm
#BestBubby wrote:

Kids must be taught to be considerate and that they're allowed to ask for help before 7.

It's the mother's job to figure out a way to wipe her 5 year old child without waking everyone in the house.

That is the job of a mother.

Mothers wipe their 5 year olds because that is a mother's job.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers