Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Impetigo

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 7:27 am
Hi . Did anyone ever take their toddler to a farm to get sprayed with goat milk to help impetigo? My daughter has open wounds and is in a lot of pain . She took 4 antibiotic since may and this is her second round of impetigo . Didn’t go to the dr yet will go today . But looking for anything to help her . We tried the honey and mupirpcon and hibeclense also . Just wondering about goats milk . Thank you

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 7:30 am
If mupiricin didn’t work, she might need systemic. I agree that’s a lot of antibiotics recently. I have never tried goats milk, and I wouldn’t try it here. I would get the abx to get rid of the infection so it doesn’t spread all over my house.

amother
Geranium

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 8:06 am
My son had it last year.
Topical antibiotic cream did not help.
Oral antibiotics worked very well.
If you are putting other things on the skin while taking oral antibiotics, it can make it worse.

amother
Strawberry

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 9:22 am
My toddler had it a few times back to back. My friend’s daughter had it a bunch of times and told me that her doctor switched her to a topical medication called altabax instead of the mupirocin (along with oral meds if it’s spread enough). I tried it and it worked much better! Now if I see one starting to form I put on the altabax and it goes away. Ask your doctor. Insurance might not cover.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 9:26 am
Go to the pediatrician and have them culture it. Maybe it's a different bacteria and needs a different antibiotic

tweety1

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 9:45 am
For my toddler oral antibiotics PLUS Mrsa miracle from herbari worked wonders

amother
Snowdrop

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 10:01 am
tweety1 wrote:
For my toddler oral antibiotics PLUS Mrsa miracle from herbari worked wonders

Can you tell me about this Mrsa miracle product? Cannot even count the times my toddler has been on abx for impetigo this year

amother
Currant

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 10:31 am
I tried miracle cream on impetigo and it only made it worse. And we couldn't wash it off was too painful.

Can't tell you what does work but this doesn't.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 10:36 am
Manuka honey, briotech skin spray, homeopathy works for us.

amother
Geranium

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 11:13 am
amother Magenta wrote:
Manuka honey, briotech skin spray, homeopathy works for us.

Could make it worse

A strong oral antibiotic with a little Vaseline is the way to go. Anything stronger than Vaseline will make a severe case worse

tweety1

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 11:26 am
amother Snowdrop wrote:
Can you tell me about this Mrsa miracle product? Cannot even count the times my toddler has been on abx for impetigo this year

Herbari Herbari, MRSA Miracle - (Anti Mrse) 8 Fl. oz (235 ml) - Vidablooms.com
https://www.vidablooms.com/her......html
I only did it orally because the impetigo was all over. I had lots of success with various different products specifically from this company.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics