Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Car insurance - claim

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 21 2023, 3:03 pm
I have a claim on my geico auto insurance and my rates really shot up Sad
Which insurance company is good to try to see if I can get a better price? Is there any company that's better priced even with a claim?

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Jul 21 2023, 3:32 pm
No
Rates are so high right now that switching to a new carrier w a claim will be a way higher premium
You would prob be best off sticking it out till the claim life is over Sad

amother
Magnolia

Post Fri, Jul 21 2023, 4:08 pm
Try liberty mutual. We had a similar situation and got a better rate Liberty. They made us switch home owners also to get the rate.

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Jul 21 2023, 5:39 pm
We switched 2.5 years ago from geico to Allstate - we were adding a second car at the time and Allstate was charging for both cars what geico charged for one.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Jul 21 2023, 8:09 pm
Whatever your rate is, it's probably cheaper than mine WITH good drivers discount. Because I live in a state with what appears to be chronic car thefts and car damages (break ins, theft of parts). So they raised everyone's rates. Crying
Mine went up over $500 every 6 months due to no fault of my own. Thanks laws that make almost everything a misdemeanor and DAs that won't prosecute almost anyone (except of course stores that violated covid laws) by policy.

I found when there was a claim to stick it out the 3-5 years and then look to switch. Because switching after a claim won't work. Good luck.

amother
Ruby

Post Sat, Jul 22 2023, 10:21 pm
amother Forestgreen wrote:
Whatever your rate is, it's probably cheaper than mine WITH good drivers discount. Because I live in a state with what appears to be chronic car thefts and car damages (break ins, theft of parts). So they raised everyone's rates. Crying
Mine went up over $500 every 6 months due to no fault of my own. Thanks laws that make almost everything a misdemeanor and DAs that won't prosecute almost anyone (except of course stores that violated covid laws) by policy.

I found when there was a claim to stick it out the 3-5 years and then look to switch. Because switching after a claim won't work. Good luck.

California? My sister lives in California and it's absolutely terrible.

Where I live my zip code is a few hundred higher than the zip code right nearby. If you move just a few blocks you really save. Insurance is stupid.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics