Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Prime movie recommendations
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 6:53 pm
I need good movie recs that are free on prime now.
I enjoy a well written script with a bit of comedy, romance, and drama.
I don’t like comedy where people make fools out of themselves, aka cringe stuff.
The last one I enjoyed was ‘and so it goes’ it was light and fun.
Also please no hallmark. If I watch one more of those it will be one that I’ve written myself (girl bumps into super handsome guy in yehupitzville whom she immediately hates. Fast forward a couple of hours, they are head over heels for each other, they move in for a kiss, the phone rings, he says “oh well” she picks up, and they live happily ever after… you’re welcome)

Thank you

amother
Cornsilk

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 7:17 pm
I would rate you 5***** for describing hallmark! You made me laugh out loud LOL they are just just to good to be true! I lately saw on youtube an amazing one you might have seen it as it's not very new "A girl like her" drama,sweet with a deep message it really touched me... other ones: The inbetween,Nikki& nora sisters, Anne franks diary, Poliyanna, Brain on fire, Purple hearts,
enjoy! please share some too!

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 7:31 pm
Failure to Launch
Air
On A Wing and A Prayer
A Walk to Remember

amother
NeonYellow

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 7:35 pm
Suits

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 7:52 pm
If you dont mind war movies, I loved Hacksaw Ridge, the true story of a WW2 medic who wouldn’t touch a gun for religious reasons and ended up saving the lives of almost 100 men in one battle. Incredible story and great acting. Even though he was a Christian I found it very inspiring how he stuck to his principles no matter what and stayed true to his beliefs.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 7:54 pm
amother Cornsilk wrote:
I would rate you 5***** for describing hallmark! You made me laugh out loud LOL they are just just to good to be true! I lately saw on youtube an amazing one you might have seen it as it's not very new "A girl like her" drama,sweet with a deep message it really touched me... other ones: The inbetween,Nikki& nora sisters, Anne franks diary, Poliyanna, Brain on fire, Purple hearts,
enjoy! please share some too!

Thanks! I’ll check these out. I can tell you some that I enjoyed but many of them are not free rn. I like many Cinderellas: best one was Once Upon a Song. I like
The Three Musketeers,
My Secret Billionaire
High Strung
Hang em High

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 7:58 pm
amother Babypink wrote:
Failure to Launch
Air
On A Wing and A Prayer
A Walk to Remember

Thanks. I watched A Walk to Remember. It was fantastic, but the ending was so sad! I cried buckets. I’ll check out the other ones.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 8:50 pm
All of the above movies you need to subscribe, is it safe? do you know of any movie free w/o subscribing? Thanks!

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 9:05 pm
amother Cornsilk wrote:
All of the above movies you need to subscribe, is it safe? do you know of any movie free w/o subscribing? Thanks!

They're free for Amazon prime members/ok not free but included in their Amazon prime membership. They just log in to their amazon account.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 10:22 pm
The summer I turned pretty let me know how u like it

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 10:35 pm
amother Turquoise wrote:
The summer I turned pretty let me know how u like it

Is that a show? I’d rather movies because I can’t fully marry my screen and discipline is not really my forte Sad

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 10:39 pm
I watched a girl like her. It’s a bit drawn out and preachy. It’s an important message, but not so much at my stage.
I know you mentioned it as a side, I might come back with reviews on the others when I’ll get to them. Thanks a lot.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 10:45 pm
Can you watch it (the summer....) free?

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 10:47 pm
amother Cornsilk wrote:

All recommendations on this thread is for Amazon prime membership

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 10:49 pm
Not really what you asked for but the jury duty show is interesting but won’t hook you. It’s about a guy who thinks he’s on jury duty but really everyone else is an actor. It has a lot of funny bits.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 10:52 pm
amother Cornsilk wrote:

On Amazon there are movies that are ‘free with ads’
My secret billionaire
Killers
The Cutting Edge
Borrowed Hearts
The three musketeers
Little Italy

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 10:58 pm
amother Ecru wrote:
Not really what you asked for but the jury duty show is interesting but won’t hook you. It’s about a guy who thinks he’s on jury duty but really everyone else is an actor. It has a lot of funny bits.

I looked at the description a while ago and it looked interesting, but I didn’t want to dive into a show. My history with shows is not a pleasant one. I’ll have to trust you that it’s not interesting enough lol.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 11:11 pm
[quote="amother OP"]I watched a girl like her. It’s a bit drawn out and preachy. It’s an important message, but not so much at my stage.
Well I only recently started watching movies, It's like a new world opened to me...
Believe it or not but "a girl like her" was I think the second (goishe)movie that I watched in my life so it touched me to the depth of my heart....
I go crazy for the main actor(aivory) because I can relate a lot to her part and because she acts so well and it's reminding me of my talent that is buried under so many layers as in my circles (you wouldn't dream where I come from...) it is totally unheard of and forbidden to act in public.(till age 12 for public, school plays was not for public)
It means so much to me that I can speak openly about movies as it is unaccepted by my friends and family they don't even know that I'm watching...
I feel like I'm living a double life I have to be so careful not to slip a word... this forum is liturally saving me... b"h dh is on the same page as me.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 11:22 pm
amother Cornsilk wrote:
[quote="
Believe it or not but "a girl like her" was I think the second (goishe)movie that I watched in my life so it touched me to the depth of my heart....
I go crazy for the main actor(aivory) because I can relate a lot to her part and because she acts so well and it's reminding me of my talent that is buried under so many layers as in my circles (you wouldn't dream where I come from...) it is totally unheard of and forbidden to act in public.(till age 12 for public, school plays was not for public)
It means so much to me that I can speak openly about movies as it is unaccepted by my friends and family they don't even know that I'm watching...
I feel like I'm living a double life I have to be so careful not to slip a word... this forum is liturally saving me... b"h dh is on the same page as me.

Hey relax! Maybe I’m your neighbor.

For the record, most orthodox women don’t perform for the public.
I personally give my kids special concerts if they’re voil. I can’t sing but I love it anyway:)

amother
Cornsilk

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 11:48 pm
amother OP wrote:
Hey relax! Maybe I’m your neighbor.

For the record, most orthodox women don’t perform for the public.
I personally give my kids special concerts if they’re voil. I can’t sing but I love it anyway:)

I disagree with you it's mostly chasidishe women that don't perform in public and really all I needed was some sympathy...
Sometimes I feel so alone my hashkufos are so different and I'm to scared to talk about it to anyone the thought that my neighbour might be in the same shoes is really comforting!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics