Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Salads & Dips
Warm Couscous Salad with Apricot Vinaigrette

Amarante

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 2:33 pm
The combination of the preserves and vinegar was really good. Savory with just a hint of sweetness - not cloyingly sweet

This reminds me a bit of a Wild Rice Salad from The Silver Palate Cookbook which I make quite a bit and is delicious but this relies more on pantry ingredients.

Can be served at warm temperature but if you are planning to refrigerate it and then serve I would probably add the vinaigrette when you serve or it might become too dry as the couscous would have absorbed it all. You can have it already made and ready to pour on.

Warm Couscous Salad with Apricot Vinaigrette

Source: Once Upon A Chef

A savory and sweet couscous salad with scallions, sliced almonds and a fruity apricot vinaigrette.

Servings: 4-6

* 1½ cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth (best quality such as Swanson)
* 1 tablespoon unsalted butter - or use vegan butter
* Salt
* 1 10-ounce box couscous (1½ cups)
* 6 tablespoons apricot preserves (best quality such as Bonne Maman)
* 4½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
* 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
* Freshly ground black pepper
* 2 scallions, white and green parts, finely chopped
* 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley or mint (optional)
* ⅓ cup sliced almonds

INSTRUCTIONS

* Bring the chicken broth, butter and ¼ teaspoon salt to a boil in a medium pot. Add the couscous and stir. Cover the pot with a tight fitting lid and remove from the heat. Let sit 5 minutes, then fluff the couscous immediately with a fork so it doesn't clump together.

* In a small bowl, whisk together the apricot preserves, olive oil, white wine vinegar, ¼ teaspoon salt and a few grinds of fresh black pepper. Add about three-quarters of the vinaigrette to the couscous and stir to combine. Taste and add the remaining vinaigrette, little by little, if necessary (you may not need it all). Be sure to add all the little chunks of apricot from the vinaigrette, as they tend to settle at the bottom of the bowl (just use a fork to fish them out). Stir in the scallions, herbs and sliced almonds. Taste and adjust seasoning (I usually add a good bit of salt) and

Serve warm or room temperature.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics