Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Trust Fund - Mishpacha serial
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jul 29 2023, 11:22 pm
Anyone following this? I find it interesting, though I can’t understand why the son is so compliant.

Goody2shoes

Post Sat, Jul 29 2023, 11:26 pm
I am!
I get why the son is like that. He grew up in a type of family where you need to "live up" to the family name and not bring shame to it.
I actually find that part pretty relatable.

amother
Mintcream

Post Sat, Jul 29 2023, 11:28 pm
I found it funny how the son (don't remember names) did the same exact thing to his child that he hates about his father by not letting her do drums.

P.S. the letter to the editor this week about the serial mentioned how wealthy ppl give a hard time when asked for money. Did it mention this at all in the serial? Seemed out of place to me but don't remember the details from last week

amother
Brunette

Post Sat, Jul 29 2023, 11:59 pm
Last week Akiva was very disappointed when an old friend/chavrusa reached out and all he wanted was a loan. He felt used and only begrudgingly gave the loan.

Java

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 12:02 am
It's cringe but I can't look away

Genius

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 12:05 am
Deleted. Sorry

Last edited by Genius on Sun, Jul 30 2023, 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 12:06 am
I think it’s awesome. I personally knew some very wealthy families that own big businesses and find it fascinating and interesting to read about these dynamics that are so true.

Goody2shoes

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 12:11 am
amother Brunette wrote:
Last week Akiva was very disappointed when an old friend/chavrusa reached out and all he wanted was a loan. He felt used and only begrudgingly gave the loan.

If he only gave the loan begrudgingly because he felt used when he wasn't invited to the friends simcha , then I don't see how the letter writer came to the conclusion that rich people don't give willingly. There's no connection.

amother
Mintcream

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 12:27 am
amother Brunette wrote:

Thanks for clarifying!

pearliegal

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 12:33 am
Really enjoying it.

amother
Mintcream

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 12:37 am
I was honestly on cloud 9 this week when I got to read from all my favorite authors in the Mishpacha
Miriam Zakon
Ariella Schiller
Gila Arnold
Esther Kurtz

There could be no better Shabbos Nachamu treat!!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 3:09 pm
The plot thickens

amother
Brass

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 3:30 pm
I can't relate at all so it kind of icks me out.

cupcake123

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 3:36 pm
Love reading about rich people. So fun!

amother
Tuberose

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 5:32 pm
Am I the only one who finds it ironic that every few weeks the mishpacha has articles about the financial crisis, inflation affecting the frum community, housing and tuition crises, columns on how people manage simchos and budgets etc, and the practically every or every other serial regulation run features some wealthy gvir family?

Like this is the only entertaining topic? So we're idolizing it? Also, they can never feature a wealthy or comfortable family it has to be the gvirest gvirs of all time like literally the 1 percenters. Unless the people writing these serials just don't have any clue what regular wealthy looks like.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 5:50 pm
amother Brass wrote:

Family expectations, becoming your own person, taking risks, perfectionism. Those are all relatable, whether or not you’re wealthy.

amother
Brass

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 6:06 pm
amother OP wrote:
Family expectations, becoming your own person, taking risks, perfectionism. Those are all relatable, whether or not you’re wealthy.

Ok, but the characters are so far from anything I'm familiar with IRL that I'm just not relating. Maybe as the story progresses.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 6:25 pm
amother Brass wrote:
Ok, but the characters are so far from anything I'm familiar with IRL that I'm just not relating. Maybe as the story progresses.

I find it interesting how afraid he is to talk to his father - even when it comes to sticking up for his friend, who’s been shafted. I find it very weak of him.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 6:30 pm
amother Tuberose wrote:
Am I the only one who finds it ironic that every few weeks the mishpacha has articles about the financial crisis, inflation affecting the frum community, housing and tuition crises, columns on how people manage simchos and budgets etc, and the practically every or every other serial regulation run features some wealthy gvir family?

Like this is the only entertaining topic? So we're idolizing it? Also, they can never feature a wealthy or comfortable family it has to be the gvirest gvirs of all time like literally the 1 percenters. Unless the people writing these serials just don't have any clue what regular wealthy looks like.

Yes I do find it ironic. And how about the serials name dropping all sorts of brand names

Goody2shoes

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 6:41 pm
amother Brass wrote:

I don't always related to every novel or serial but as long as it's interesting and written well I'm in.
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room