Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Trust Fund - Mishpacha serial
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 6:34 pm
Wasn’t he supposed to go into business with his friend?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 11:39 am
It seems like he went into this whole new lifestyle without any sort of a plan, financial or otherwise - with a wife a children. And without his wife’s buy-in.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 11:55 am
My issue with the story is that it is basically ripped off the hit HBO show succession. The author took the story and made it with frum characters. Not original.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 12:05 pm
amother OP wrote:
Wasn’t he supposed to go into business with his friend?

This part is really confusing me. I’m glad you asked that. I thought I misread something. Going into business with his friend made sense. What’s going on now is just weird. I’m not saying I don’t know any dumb, irresponsible people in real life but why would I want to follow a fictional one for weeks?

amother
Tulip

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 12:07 pm
I'm confused about that also, why is he being so impulsive?

It's a shame cuz I'm loving the story, I love how nuanced she is and so on beat.

watergirl

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 12:54 pm
I cant follow this story at all. I’m finding it to be so choppy, hard to follow, boring, and repetitive.

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Sat, Sep 30 2023, 3:49 pm
alwayssmiling wrote:
I don't always related to every novel or serial but as long as it's interesting and written well I'm in.

While Im not sure this is either, jury is still out. After all the anti-hero who started out likable is totally unbearable and I'm beginning to think that Libby is the main character, not Akiva.
My prediction is that they will be asking for Tomchei Shabbos help next week.

Last edited by B'Syata D'Shmya on Sat, Jan 06 2024, 11:06 pm; edited 2 times in total

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 7:26 am
Why didn’t Akiva go into business with Boruch? I thought that was the whole point initially.

amother
Lightblue

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 9:52 am
What’s the succession story line? I thought this was harry and Meghan.

Lemonade 2323

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 10:07 am
amother Lightblue wrote:
What’s the succession story line? I thought this was harry and Meghan.

Lol

iyar

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 10:23 am
watergirl wrote:
I cant follow this story at all. I’m finding it to be so choppy, hard to follow, boring, and repetitive.

Thanks watergirl. I was trying to like it but I just couldn’t follow or get into it. Now I know it’s not just me Smile

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 6:23 pm
I’m enjoying the story.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 7:06 pm
I find this story very intriguing. Definitely, like it.

amother
Blushpink

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 7:34 pm
I’m also pointing out the miraculous phenomenon I’ve noticed in frum fiction where a guy starts a business from scratch and a couple of weeks later is wealthy enough to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on his kids bar mitzva!

amother
DarkOrange

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 8:00 pm
amother Blushpink wrote:
I’m also pointing out the miraculous phenomenon I’ve noticed in frum fiction where a guy starts a business from scratch and a couple of weeks later is wealthy enough to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on his kids bar mitzva!

Isn’t that real life?

Genius

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 8:05 pm
amother Blushpink wrote:

He did have a lot of experience from his previous employment and possibly got paid enough to have sufficient capital to start out on his own. Not unheard of in real life.

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 11:07 pm
B'Syata D'Shmya wrote:
While Im not sure this is either, jury is still out. After all the anti-hero who started out likable is totally unbearable and I'm beginning to think that Libby is the main character, not Akiva.
My prediction is that they will be asking for Tomchei Shabbos help next week.

So I wasn't wrong about Tomchei, when a Go Fund Me was started for the SILs medical care, they lost all credibility. And I will never look at another tzedaka campaign the same way again.

The story is painting the uber rich family as evil, and I have problems with that. There is not one redeeming quality presented to the Patriarch and Matriarchs.
And that the adult children allow themselves to be bought off with pancakes and syrup brunches, just nauseates me to no end.
When the grandfather was alone with Dina and bought her drums, I rolled my eyes. Those drums will cost Dina big time.

Hey its a story to read Shabbos afternoon.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 11:10 pm
amother DarkOrange wrote:
Isn’t that real life?

Lol it seems to be a lot of other people’s real life but not mine, not yet

amother
Blushpink

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 11:54 pm
B'Syata D'Shmya wrote:
So I wasn't wrong about Tomchei, when a Go Fund Me was started for the SILs medical care, they lost all credibility. And I will never look at another tzedaka campaign the same way again.

The story is painting the uber rich family as evil, and I have problems with that. There is not one redeeming quality presented to the Patriarch and Matriarchs.
And that the adult children allow themselves to be bought off with pancakes and syrup brunches, just nauseates me to no end.
When the grandfather was alone with Dina and bought her drums, I rolled my eyes. Those drums will cost Dina big time.

Hey it’s a story to read Shabbos afternoon.

I’m not sure a fictitious story should impact the way you give tzedaka

amother
Violet

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 11:59 pm
I admit I definitely enjoy reading it.
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room