Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Iso Car dealer and/or mechanic in/near Monsey

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 8:40 am
Been shopping for a used car, most of the recommendations I got were in Lakewood but it's quite far for me to go and the dealers weren't very helpful with getting the cars to a mechanic for pre-purchase inspection. I also got some recommendations in Brooklyn but they didn't have anything in stock in my price range.

I'll be spending a couple of days in Monsey this week and would like to try my luck there if anyone knows a dealer with a very strong reputation for reliability, and a very reliable and competent mechanic I can go to to check out a car before buying.

Tia 🙏

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 11:33 am
I know one car dealer close to Monsey. He is a family friend never bought a normal car from him so I can't tell you about his cars. But he has a whole lot.
I did buy a cheap car which he did tell me it's not great but it was very cheap and he was honest with what was wrong with it.
But I could recommend a few honest mechanics.
How much do you want to spend and what type of carare you looking for?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 12:11 pm
amother Papaya wrote:
I know one car dealer close to Monsey. He is a family friend never bought a normal car from him so I can't tell you about his cars. But he has a whole lot.
I did buy a cheap car which he did tell me it's not great but it was very cheap and he was honest with what was wrong with it.
But I could recommend a few honest mechanics.
How much do you want to spend and what type of carare you looking for?

Hoping to spend under 20k but still weighing the possible benefits of paying more. Looking for a nice reliable Toyota or Honda, not too old.
Sedan or suv both ok, not looking for van.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 3:05 pm
I could get his number if you are interested but again I have no idea if his cars are good or not.
But you could always just see what he has and go from there.
Then if you would like mechanics numbers I could post a few that I use.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 3:07 pm
I think I'd prefer to get recommendations from people who had good experiences as customers.

If it's not too much trouble to post mechanics I would love to take their numbers in case something comes up on the car end.

Thanks.

Where's all the rest of the Monsey amothers at?!

amother
Sunflower

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 6:33 pm
Shoham is the name of the Frum mechanic right in the middle of Monsey who has been there for decades and everyone goes to

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 11:08 am
Ayla auto repair 845-352-4100 they are very good been in business for maybe 40 yrs. The owner if he is still there is a bit herd to work with but just over look that because he is a very honest person and good. The other guy that works there is very good also.

Tyler he isnt jewish but also very good and honest been in business also for many years. 845-356-8326

A and M automotive not jewish either might be expensive but knows their cars also 845-352-1037

AJ repair 845-640-1227

All these I have used.

There is one on rt 306 (Main ST) in Monsey which I never went to but my friend who is a car mechanic recommended him but dont know anything about him but I trust my friend.

I know of a few more if you still need

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 11:10 am
Thank you so much! Are these dealers, mechanics, or a mix of both?

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 11:35 am
amother OP wrote:
Thank you so much! Are these dealers, mechanics, or a mix of both?

All mechanics.
The one dealer I know does have good cars. I'm just nervous about any used cars if I don't know the owner but he does have a good business.
I could get you his number just in case. We have bought from him but we only bought really cheap cars with problems but he always told us the issues with them.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 11:39 am
Thanks. I'm not looking for cheap with problems, I'm looking for something solid and reliable but less than new. I don't want to skimp and get something old that's going to need a lot of work, but I also don't want to go all out with full price that will depreciate fast and take forever to pay off.

I'm asking too much aren't I Sad

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 12:03 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks. I'm not looking for cheap with problems, I'm looking for something solid and reliable but less than new. I don't want to skimp and get something old that's going to need a lot of work, but I also don't want to go all out with full price that will depreciate fast and take forever to pay off.

I'm asking too much aren't I Sad

Sorry I wasn't clear he has cars in your price range. He is always going to the auctions and has good cars but with used cars even newer ones it's always a gamble and he gets from dealerships when customers trade in for new cars.
We just can't afford them and we only need for local so he calls us when he has cheap cars for local.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 12:09 pm
amother Papaya wrote:
Sorry I wasn't clear he has cars in your price range. He is always going to the auctions and has good cars but with used cars even newer ones it's always a gamble and he gets from dealerships when customers trade in for new cars.
We just can't afford them and we only need for local so he calls us when he has cheap cars for local.

If you trust the guy and had good experiences then I'd love to take the number please
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries