Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Dr. Abdelhak vs West Long Branch- Not High Risk
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 9:20 am
Hi,

Just found out Im pregnant with my first. Im deciding between using Dr. Abdelhak vs West Long Branch.
Im not high risk but do have PCOS. BH my insurance would cover either.
I spoke to Dr Abdelhaks office and it sounds like I would basically never see him unless of an emergency.
So the question is, which is better? Other Dr.s are Abdelhak or West long branch?

I do like the idea of being in good hands in case of emergency but Im also a little nervous about being so far from RWJ for my first when I dont know how long labor will be.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

amother
Apple

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 9:28 am
Look into Dr Morgan.

I went to WLB several years ago and was unhappy. It felt like a factory. I dont know if it's gotten better.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 9:41 am
Thanks for your response.
Based on experience with other Doctors, I'm looking for someone who will take the time to explain what's going on and answer my questions.
Ive been going to a R.E. that just told me what to do without explaining whats going on. Dont want that experience again.

amother
Electricblue

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 10:25 am
Dr abdelhak delivers in Hackensack which is even further than RWJ. Personally I was very happy by the RWJ group. I know ppl are very happy by dr Baum as well, be delivers in Jersey shore

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 10:32 am
Hi just curious what insurance do you have that dr Abdelhak takes? As far as I knew he doesn’t take insurance???

wazup

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 10:54 am
I used WLB for 4 kids and I am really happy BH.
I was really happy delivering in Monmouth too
I never felt like it was a factory- they read my file before walking in to the room so it felt like they knew me. they alway took the time to answer questions. The only annoying thing is the lack of appointments, but I found that if you made your next appointment before leaving your current one, they had availability.

amother
DarkRed

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 10:55 am
wazup wrote:
I used WLB for 4 kids and I am really happy BH.
I was really happy delivering in Monmouth too
I never felt like it was a factory- they read my file before walking in to the room so it felt like they knew me. they alway took the time to answer questions. The only annoying thing is the lack of appointments, but I found that if you made your next appointment before leaving your current one, they had availability.

I second this. I B"H have been very happy there. I once had an issue and brought it up with Dr Labraico, the Sr Dr there and he handled it very well.
Very not factory like at all.

amother
Apple

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 11:57 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks for your response.
Based on experience with other Doctors, I'm looking for someone who will take the time to explain what's going on and answer my questions.
Ive been going to a R.E. that just told me what to do without explaining whats going on. Dont want that experience again.
WLB has so many doctors. And I found the doctors attentiveness varied by the day.

Like someone else said they need to read your file in order to know who you are. I like for the doctor to actually remember me. Yes they should be looking at my file regardless, but I want to be more than a file.

I wouldn’t say WLB is better or worse than most practices in Lakewood. It’s basically the same.

amother
Trillium

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 3:04 pm
Im thrilled with wlb, had 3 babies by them. No the drs dont personally know me but theyre all so so nice and patient give you all the time you need, are super on top of things when issues come up, I have only the best to say

amother
Burntblack

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 4:55 pm
I used west long branch. I became high risk and got to deal with all drs.... I will say they're professional and nice, I had no issues with them. However they work together with a most horrible high risk group- affiliated with monmouth. If you are high risk you will have to go there- and imagine being told each visit "your situation is very dangerous, we may have to deliver very soon to save your life". (Dr Gonzalez, Nath, Leiser, Malik) I had a difficult situation but the high risk dr visits were the most traumatic part. Have that in mind.....

amother
Cornsilk

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 5:06 pm
Dr abdelhuck doesn’t take insurance. He’s exclusively for high risk. Do you have a spare $12k? Then go for it
Dr Siegel and Dr Baum can easily handle hard situations. Pcos isn’t an automatic recipe for a high risk pregnancy

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 6:51 pm
My insurance covers 70% of dr abdelhak. I spoke to them and they said it’s going to be $4500 out of pocket on top of that. So I think we’ll skip that.
West long branch is no longer taking ppl this year.
I spoke to Dr. Jonathan Baums office and they’ll let me know of Wednesday if they can take me.
I read some disturbing reviews online (I know I know bad bad idea) about this Dr and Jersey Shore so I’m a little nervous.
I’m also considering Dr. Surowitz.
Is there a reason that none of my friends (young new moms) are no longer using Giovine?
Any info on either of those (or a diff practice) would be greatly appreciated!

amother
Cornsilk

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 6:55 pm
amother OP wrote:
My insurance covers 70% of dr abdelhak. I spoke to them and they said it’s going to be $4500 out of pocket on top of that. So I think we’ll skip that.
West long branch is no longer taking ppl this year.
I spoke to Dr. Jonathan Baums office and they’ll let me know of Wednesday if they can take me.
I read some disturbing reviews online (I know I know bad bad idea) about this Dr and Jersey Shore so I’m a little nervous.
I’m also considering Dr. Surowitz.
Is there a reason that none of my friends (young new moms) are no longer using Giovine?
Any info on either of those (or a diff practice) would be greatly appreciated!

No one uses giovine anymore because the practice is so busy so you’ll beg get actually see giovine.
Dr Baum is an amazing Dr, but the two new drs aren’t great
Jersey shore is amazing. I liked it way better than Monmouth. I delivered at Monmouth once and Jersey shore 3 times.
Jersey shore I always had amazing nurses and it’s much more natural leaning which I like. They won’t rush to pitocin or c-section and respect your wishes for delivery positions and preferences

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 6:59 pm
Thanks! Glad to hear you had a good experience there.
Is there a way to make sure you have a Dr from the practice deliver and not a resident?
A few bad reviews were deliveries with a resident and the dr just came in for the last bit

amother
Cornsilk

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 7:02 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks! Glad to hear you had a good experience there.
Is there a way to make sure you have a Dr from the practice deliver and not a resident?
A few bad reviews were deliveries with a resident and the dr just came in for the last bit

Drs will always be there for delivery. There’s always a Dr on call, unlike other practices where the Dr will come into the hospital specifically for you and there is a possibility of them missing your delivery
You don’t need a Dr for labor, that’s what nurses or doulas are for
You need a Dr for delivery and that youll always have

aria3578

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 7:02 pm
amother Hotpink wrote:
Hi just curious what insurance do you have that dr Abdelhak takes? As far as I knew he doesn’t take insurance???

I used dr abdalik and I was on liberty health share and they accepted that

oneofakind

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 7:24 pm
If you want to make sure you don't have a resident deliver you ( with or without your doctor standing there observing), use a midwife group. They deliver in Jersey shore and there is a group at Community.

amother
Trillium

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 8:59 pm
oneofakind wrote:
If you want to make sure you don't have a resident deliver you ( with or without your doctor standing there observing), use a midwife group. They deliver in Jersey shore and there is a group at Community.

Why do u need a midwife group?! By west long branch I always had a dr there by the time I got to the hospital no matter what time of day it was. Checked me throughout labor and delivered me. Never was there a residence around at any point! Not sure which group would allow a residence to deliver you but thats not standard by most drs.

oneofakind

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 9:07 pm
Actually, it has happened quite a few times at Jersey shore and Monmouth. They have residents and want to give practice.

amother
Trillium

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 9:30 pm
oneofakind wrote:
Actually, it has happened quite a few times at Jersey shore and Monmouth. They have residents and want to give practice.

Without asking the patient if theyre ok w it? I never heard of anyone who had a resident deliver them... maybe if u just walk into the emergency room but if you have a dr I cant imagine that ppl r not given a choice and a dr just watches from the side
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries