Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Checking m spending - so not to create pressure

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 17 2023, 3:07 am
I am struggling with finding the balance on this.

I only have one 4 year old child so far, we are a kollel couple on a budget. Because I waited for so long I like to splurge on my dd, and bh we can afford it easily.

We are careful with money, but because we only have one, and I saved money for bein hazmanim we where able to do a really nice day trip every day (and rent a car).
In my community there are other kollel families and families where both spouses work. The families with two incomes did things similar to us, or went on nice vacations. The majority of the kollel families did more low key/free activities.

Another example would be birthdays - I realized that the pekalah that sent was a bit bigger then some of the others. This year wanted to make her a party ( which another friend did and she asked for) - but don't want to do something that will create a pressure....

amother
DarkRed

Post Thu, Aug 17 2023, 3:26 am
I don’t have any answers for you but I just wanted to say how thoughtful a person you sound. Enjoy your DD, may she always bring you nachas!

amother
Whitewash

Post Thu, Aug 17 2023, 7:55 am
Delete

amother
Whitewash

Post Thu, Aug 17 2023, 7:56 am
Keep it in your mind and maybe do a compromise.
Vacations you can do whatever you want, just don’t post about it Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics