Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Imrei Shefer Monsey

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 18 2023, 1:10 am
What can you tell me about this cheder? Interested to hear about the parent body, the rules for the kids, and the level of learning. Thanks.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 18 2023, 8:35 am
Bump

amother
Wallflower

Post Fri, Aug 18 2023, 8:47 am
amother OP wrote:
What can you tell me about this cheder? Interested to hear about the parent body, the rules for the kids, and the level of learning. Thanks.

I don’t send there but did have an interview there and have done research as well so I’ll share what I picked up.
I was very impressed with their belief that children should be treated with respect, not just be punished but work with the child on their level. They have teachers for nursery and kindergarten to get the boys acclimated to the cheder system. The only thing that held us back was the learning level. From all sides we heard it’s lower than other places and boys have harder time getting into yeshiva. The menahel himself claimed that they were learning just as much as everyone else. He also said that in the last year or 2, they have been stricter with who they accept (I don’t know if that is true) they don’t have any major rules other than to dress modestly for the mothers and dress the children refined- they leave it up to the mother to understand what that means.

This is what I picked up. I may be wrong about some points and others are welcome to correCt me.

amother
Aster

Post Fri, Aug 18 2023, 9:13 am
Parent body is a real mix. Staff is amazing and caring.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 18 2023, 9:53 am
amother Wallflower wrote:
I don’t send there but did have an interview there and have done research as well so I’ll share what I picked up.
I was very impressed with their belief that children should be treated with respect, not just be punished but work with the child on their level. They have teachers for nursery and kindergarten to get the boys acclimated to the cheder system. The only thing that held us back was the learning level. From all sides we heard it’s lower than other places and boys have harder time getting into yeshiva. The menahel himself claimed that they were learning just as much as everyone else. He also said that in the last year or 2, they have been stricter with who they accept (I don’t know if that is true) they don’t have any major rules other than to dress modestly for the mothers and dress the children refined- they leave it up to the mother to understand what that means.

This is what I picked up. I may be wrong about some points and others are welcome to correCt me.

Thank you

amother
Pistachio

Post Fri, Aug 18 2023, 11:10 am
The staff is very warm and caring. I did have to switch my son out though because the level of learning was too low compared to the cheder he was coming from (when we moved to monsey). He was too far ahead of his class and it was affecting his behavior and he was forgetting how to read.
The crowd is mixed/neutral chassidish.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 18 2023, 12:16 pm
Thanks! How is it comparable to munkatch?

amother
Pistachio

Post Fri, Aug 18 2023, 1:25 pm
I'm not sure about parent body. Also neutral but different. Hard to compare. Maybe a more "with it" crowd whereas imrei shufer is more of a simple crowd (not in a negative way). Munkatch is on a higher level academically. Comparable to other chedarim.
It has been a few years since my son switched. Things may be different today.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 18 2023, 1:35 pm
Tnx! This is really helpful

amother
Aster

Post Fri, Aug 18 2023, 1:42 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks! How is it comparable to munkatch?

Munkatch is on a higher learning level. Imrei shefer has a less materialistic, more simple parent body then Munkatch.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics