Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Safe deposit box for rental appt

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 10:02 pm
Hi looking for something that is secure and easy to purchase if you have anything you like please leave a link it would be a big help! Something for my home not looking to rent in a bank. I live in Brooklyn and I feel like it’s getting scarier here by the day.

amother
Narcissus

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 10:18 pm
It would be called a safe, not a safe deposit box. The latter is in a bank and many banks are doing away with them. Staples and other office supply places carry them.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 10:25 pm
amother Narcissus wrote:
It would be called a safe, not a safe deposit box. The latter is in a bank and many banks are doing away with them. Staples and other office supply places carry them.

So funny, don’t recall asking for an English lesson. Unless I’m misinterpreting your tone, it’s really uncalled for.

amother
Sand

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 10:28 pm
Safes should be installed, as they can easily be removed and lock worked on away from the house. Maybe create some hiding spaces?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 10:31 pm
amother Sand wrote:
Safes should be installed, as they can easily be removed and lock worked on away from the house. Maybe create some hiding spaces?

Thanks for responding! So I have hiding spaces scattered around but wanted one organized safe spot for jewelry and documents. Any idea on the cost of installing a safe that will need to be removed in the next year or so?

Amarante

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 10:33 pm
What is the reason you want this?

Are you storing papers in which case theoretically you need something fireproof and flood proof.

Or do you want to store valuables in which case a box really isn’t helpful because a thief could just take the box. 🤷‍♀️ Some people have actual safes which are too heavy for anyone to carry out or are attached so that it wood be difficult to remove.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics