Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Phone addiction

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 5:17 pm
I think I'm addicted to my phone🙈 I spend most of the day scrolling, or quickly doing things to rush back to my phone. Watch my kids while on my phone, use it in the morning, at night. How can I help myself? When I try to not use it I feel so bored

amother
Winterberry

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 5:31 pm
Try leaving it in diff room. Yes you will feel bored but find other things to keep you busy. Playing with your children, organizing your home. Calling someone on your house phone. Puzzle, coloring

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 5:51 pm
You can have your husband or a friend use the screen time controls to help you. They can set it up that you only have 4 hours per day, or they can do from 8pm-12am. Whatever would work for you.

I know my husband asked me to do it for him and it's working really well bh.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 8:02 pm
So much easier said then done😥

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 8:05 pm
amother OP wrote:
So much easier said then done😥

It is easier said than done, but once done there's no going back. They have the password and that's it.

Next time you have a moment where you feel really ready and willing to do something about it, just do it. Don't dwell on it. Just go ahead and do it.

It's hard but you'll feel so good afterwards.

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 8:13 pm
Op I feel you!
If keeping it out of the room doesn’t work well for you and you feel too bored maybe try thinking of things you actually enjoy doing and add more of that into your schedule (ex. Reading, art, going on a walk with the kids .. cooking.. dance parties.. meeting friends in the park…can be anything you like doing no rules Smile )

Sometimes fitting in things that spark joy into your day lets the grip & pull of technology loosen easier.

Good luck!

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 8:15 pm
Also if you want a step by step method you can read “how to break up with your phone- Catherine Price”

Understanding how the phones are designed to keep you addicted helps a lot in my experience

How to Break Up with Your Phone: The 30-Day Plan to Take Back Your Life https://a.co/d/8vScXI0
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics