Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
How can I reach unemployment? been tryin all summer

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 12:10 am
I filed for unemployment this summer, and I should be eligible, but I havent gotten anything yet and were really really struggling. I have $900 in our account and I have to pay tuition next week and that is supposed to cover groceries too. I have 2k on my CC now. Ive been trying to call unemployment everyday ALL SUMMER since july at least 3x a day and it says "we are experiencing a high number of callers, please try your call later" and hangs up on me. are there any agencies or organizations that can help me reach someone?? soo desperate especially b4 yt...(iyh I have a new job starting in 2 weeks tentativelly...)

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 12:13 am
amother OP wrote:
I filed for unemployment this summer, and I should be eligible, but I havent gotten anything yet and were really really struggling. I have $900 in our account and I have to pay tuition next week and that is supposed to cover groceries too. I have 2k on my CC now. Ive been trying to call unemployment everyday ALL SUMMER since july at least 3x a day and it says "we are experiencing a high number of callers, please try your call later" and hangs up on me. are there any agencies or organizations that can help me reach someone?? soo desperate especially b4 yt...(iyh I have a new job starting in 2 weeks tentativelly...)

Can you take out a loan to use until your new job starts?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 12:14 am
amother Bisque wrote:
Can you take out a loan to use until your new job starts?

A loan from who?

pinkflowergirl

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 12:24 am
Have you been verified on ID.ME ?
otherwise you will not get your benefits.

If you wanna reach an agent, call first thing in the morning,
8:00 or 8:30 AM

Good luck!!

amother
Bluebell

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 12:25 am
You need to find out who your local government officials are and email them. Who is your congressman? Who is your city councilman? Who is your senator? That's the only way to get unemployment nowadays.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 12:43 am
pinkflowergirl wrote:
Have you been verified on ID.ME ?
otherwise you will not get your benefits.

If you wanna reach an agent, call first thing in the morning,
8:00 or 8:30 AM

Good luck!!

yes ive been verified. I got a letter they have a question about my last unemployment and therefore are withholding my $. I have tried calling all summer first thing in the AM and no luck.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 12:44 am
amother Bluebell wrote:
You need to find out who your local government officials are and email them. Who is your congressman? Who is your city councilman? Who is your senator? That's the only way to get unemployment nowadays.

no idea the answers to any of those questions. I live in nassau county
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries