Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
My housekeeper stole dd seminary camera
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 11:49 am
It’s worth 500$ I am sure it was on the desk. I also was looking for my ring few weeks ago I thought I misplaced it. What do I do now. She comes once a week for years.

amother
Firethorn

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 11:53 am
Get rid of her immediately.

amother
Burgundy

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 11:54 am
Put up cameras in your house

Cheiny

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 11:55 am
amother OP wrote:
It’s worth 500$ I am sure it was on the desk. I also was looking for my ring few weeks ago I thought I misplaced it. What do I do now. She comes once a week for years.

Unless you have proof you’ll never find out.

I’ve said this to people so many times, do not leave out anything valuable, no matter how long your cleaning woman has been with you, or how trustworthy you think she is.

My sister caught her worker of many years whom she trusted implicitly, after observing her through a far away mirror in a different room.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 12:08 pm
amother Firethorn wrote:
Get rid of her immediately.

I asked her if she saw it by text. She said no. What do I tell her when I fire her. Do I need to pay her severance. Should I tell the other frum women who has her the other days

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 12:12 pm
I think it’s a terrible thing to decide someone stole with absolutely no proof.

I actually once lost an expensive camera and asked my lady if she saw it. She said no. I moved on . I found it 8 years later .

amother
Maize

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 12:17 pm
I'm so sorry that important things are missing. I agree that you never know. Two people I know suspected their housekeepers of taking expensive jewelry. One even went to the police. In both cases, the jewelry turned up.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 12:24 pm
I remember seeing the camera on the desk

amother
Snowflake

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 12:41 pm
Put cameras up. Make a big deal that its missing and how upset dd is.

scruffy

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 12:44 pm
How do you know? It seems like a funny thing to steal. If it's not a professional camera no one out there uses it and it would be hard to resell.

If it is professional then it's big and bulky and harder to sneak out.

Does DD have a younger sibling who could've played with it, broke it and tried to hide it? That would be my guess.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 1:40 pm
scruffy wrote:
How do you know? It seems like a funny thing to steal. If it's not a professional camera no one out there uses it and it would be hard to resell.

If it is professional then it's big and bulky and harder to sneak out.

Does DD have a younger sibling who could've played with it, broke it and tried to hide it? That would be my guess.

No one is home.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 1:41 pm
amother Snowflake wrote:
Put cameras up. Make a big deal that its missing and how upset dd is.

What would it help if I make a big deal out of it. How can you put a camera in a bedroom do you turn it off when you get dressed etc…

amother
Skyblue

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 1:44 pm
Plenty of ladies are tempted and steal but be careful. I was 100% sure that my lady stole my Diamond bracelet, I knew exactly where I left it last, and it turned up when we pesach cleaned the car (in a place you would never normally find it- my car is very clean normally)

amother
Burgundy

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 1:51 pm
amother OP wrote:
What would it help if I make a big deal out of it. How can you put a camera in a bedroom do you turn it off when you get dressed etc…
You schedule it to turn on and off at certain times

amother
Azure

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 1:53 pm
amother Burgundy wrote:
You schedule it to turn on and off at certain times

I would never put a camera in someone's bedroom. Really inappropriate.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 1:57 pm
amother Azure wrote:
I would never put a camera in someone's bedroom. Really inappropriate.

I know people that have a nanny alone at home must put everywhere. How do they do it.

CPenzias

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 2:42 pm
I would put up a camera and a bait item. Like a piece of jewelry that looks expensive but isn't. Or something like that. Put the item in a public area of the house, not a bedroom.

amother
Burgundy

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 2:46 pm
amother OP wrote:
I know people that have a nanny alone at home must put everywhere. How do they do it.
They put cameras in their bedroom Smile

It’s best to use a camera without WiFi because cameras that use WiFi can be hacked.

amother
Oldlace

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 3:07 pm
I ran a mikvah for years. I can’t tell you how many women came to the mikvah, then a day or so later called us or showed up screaming literally that one of our (all frum) cleaning ladies stole their jewelry while they were in the mikvah. And then a year or more later that same women came in with the very same jewelry that she was SO SURE she wore to the mikvah, only to find it at home a year later. Never an apology. We did have a small collection of jewelry that was left behind which I kept in locked safe, and a sign posted saying 1)if you lost something to see me because I have whatever was found and 2) to leave all jewelry at home because we are not liable.

No one ever claimed the jewelry and no one ever apologized to us.

CPenzias

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 3:13 pm
amother Oldlace wrote:
I ran a mikvah for years. I can’t tell you how many women came to the mikvah, then a day or so later called us or showed up screaming literally that one of our (all frum) cleaning ladies stole their jewelry while they were in the mikvah. And then a year or more later that same women came in with the very same jewelry that she was SO SURE she wore to the mikvah, only to find it at home a year later. Never an apology. We did have a small collection of jewelry that was left behind which I kept in locked safe, and a sign posted saying 1)if you lost something to see me because I have whatever was found and 2) to leave all jewelry at home because we are not liable.

No one ever claimed the jewelry and no one ever apologized to us.

Ugh this makes me so upset. While doing a mitzvah people freak out. They were probably embarrassed that they screamed at you when they were the idiots who misplaced the jewelry in the first place.
I'm sorry you were mistreated!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics