Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Helping an old fashioned mom

mom2mysouls

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 10:41 am
After a year of mourning, we are in need of music in the house.
My cd player is broken and I have a bunch of cds, but many are scratched.. What type of player should I get? I'm not sure how mp3s and USBs work... can I get the old songs off scratched cds or do I need to rebuy them?

Cheiny

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 11:03 am
mom2mysouls wrote:
After a year of mourning, we are in need of music in the house.
My cd player is broken and I have a bunch of cds, but many are scratched.. What type of player should I get? I'm not sure how mp3s and USBs work... can I get the old songs off scratched cds or do I need to rebuy them?

You can go on Spotify and add your selection of songs to your playlist and listen on your phone whenever you like.

mom2mysouls

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 11:06 am
Cheiny wrote:
You can go on Spotify and add your selection of songs to your playlist and listen on your phone whenever you like.

What is Spotify? Do they have all songs -also kids? What if I don't want to use my phone but something the kids can choose themselves?

pinkpeonies

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 11:08 am
mom2mysouls wrote:
What is Spotify? Do they have all songs -also kids? What if I don't want to use my phone but something the kids can choose themselves?

Why don’t you get a naki radio or 24/6 mp3?

Cheiny

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 11:11 am
mom2mysouls wrote:

Do you have a smart phone? If so download Spotify. Yes, they have tons of popular Jewish music.

If you want something your kids can use on their own then I guess get the cd player, but I thought this would be a good temporary solution until you buy something.

There are lots of ways to listen online… YouTube has tons of music to choose from, even entire concerts, Uncle Moishie etc, as well as the popular singers ie Shwekey, Ishay Ribo, anything you want,

But if you want something strictly to play your old cd’s the “old fashioned way,” I guess you need a CD player.

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 11:46 am
You can buy a speaker that takes a USB. This is very child friendly especially if it doesn't have a screen. Ask around if anyone has a USB already loaded with music or can help you put music on USB these aren't used as much anymore. People may just be willing to give it away.

number

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 11:58 am
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:
You can buy a speaker that takes a USB. This is very child friendly especially if it doesn't have a screen. Ask around if anyone has a USB already loaded with music or can help you put music on USB these aren't used as much anymore. People may just be willing to give it away.
I bought uncle Moishy songs and other kids songs and stories on usb. It works great

mom2mysouls

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 12:33 pm
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:

OK thanks. I wanted music without the screen. A simple cd player would do, but the cds all get ruined.

cholentfan1

Post Sat, Aug 26 2023, 1:23 pm
I have a CD player with a USB slot. We started out with CDs, but I've transferred most of them to USB, so they can listen to all their songs and stories on a USB. We've gone through quite a few USBs as they often end up breaking, until I started buying the small metal ones which are sturdier.

hiitsme

Post Sat, Aug 26 2023, 2:27 pm
I'm trying to find a speaker now that would take a usb but not sure what to look for, can anyone help me?

gande

Post Sat, Aug 26 2023, 6:08 pm
FYI if you own and show a scratched (or not scratched) cd mostly music will download it on a usb or sd card for $1 or else you need to pay a lot more.

mom2mysouls

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 4:00 pm
gande wrote:
FYI if you own and show a scratched (or not scratched) cd mostly music will download it on a usb or sd card for $1 or else you need to pay a lot more.

Thank you. Is this avail only in store or online? On their site I only saw buying for full price.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics