Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Spin Off - Humor - Your shopping lists :-)
1  2  Next

Goldie613

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 1:24 am
OK, ladies, swiping this and putting it here courtesy of this thread =
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....05037

A bit of a discussion got started there about the "proper" way to make a shopping list.

Feel free to add your accurate - and not so accurate - answers below :-D

For my two cents - as I said on that thread -

Nope, nuh uh, shopping lists get made on whatever stray scraps of looseleaf paper are on the table after we've finished using them to relearn the kids' math so we can help them with their homework and studying!

Your turn ladies - what do you use? What's on your lists?

happy chick

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 1:41 am
Toilet paper (but only if you use 3 squares)

Goldie613

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 2:12 am
happy chick wrote:
Toilet paper (but only if you use 3 squares)

Even during the Great Toilet Paper Scare of 2020 ? Surprised

effess

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 2:13 am
Text myself

s1

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 2:52 am
Post it notes which get stuck onto my kitchen cabinet and then usually fall off and end up lost behind the pot of pens, important mail and old receipts. I go to the shop without it and make vague guesses about what I need. Then come home and a couple of hours later realise what I forgot to buy. Then thank Hashem for friendly lending neighbours and kids who are old enough (though not always willing enough) to go to the store round the corner for me.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 3:28 am
My DH and I use an app called Keep. We can each add items to the list and whenever either one of us is at the store, we can see what's needed and buy it.

Rutabaga

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 3:52 am
I buy magnetic pads in bulk to use for my normal grocery trips. I hang a pad on the fridge so that anyone can add something if they see we're running low. I have a system that my husband and kids know. Dry goods get listed on the top left, frozen items top middle, proteins top right. Dairy or other refrigerator items go under proteins on the right and produce goes on the bottom left. That way I know at a glance what aisles I need to go to. Woe betide the person who messes up my grocery list!

I keep other lists on an app on my phone called Keep Notes. At any given time I usually have running lists for Costco, pharmacy, and Walmart/Target. Those are less urgent needs or wants that I'll get to eventually and having those lists on my phone makes me less likely to lose them or forget something, especially if I decide to pop into a store on a whim because I have a few extra minutes on my way home bur hadn't planned to shop when I left my house that morning.

imasinger

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 6:11 am
amother Ruby wrote:
My DH and I use an app called Keep. We can each add items to the list and whenever either one of us is at the store, we can see what's needed and buy it.

We do too!

I just wish the list of checked items (that you can put back up when you need again) would be in some order like alphabetical.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 6:17 am
Rutabaga wrote:
I buy magnetic pads in bulk to use for my normal grocery trips. I hang a pad on the fridge so that anyone can add something if they see we're running low. I have a system that my husband and kids know. Dry goods get listed on the top left, frozen items top middle, proteins top right. Dairy or other refrigerator items go under proteins on the right and produce goes on the bottom left. That way I know at a glance what aisles I need to go to. Woe betide the person who messes up my grocery list!

I keep other lists on an app on my phone called Keep Notes. At any given time I usually have running lists for Costco, pharmacy, and Walmart/Target. Those are less urgent needs or wants that I'll get to eventually and having those lists on my phone makes me less likely to lose them or forget something, especially if I decide to pop into a store on a whim because I have a few extra minutes on my way home bur hadn't planned to shop when I left my house that morning.

I like your list system, do you feel it saves time too?

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 6:22 am
Another one here with magnetic pad on fridge.
I have started to list all errands I need to do on that day, even checking opening hours.
The better planning on paper= usually smoother errands.

zaq

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 9:31 am
The backs of "return-your-donation-in-this-convenient-return envelope" from charities I don't support, or from charities that bombard me with solicitations every few weeks.

Tzutzie

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 9:50 am
App. I put it straight into the grocery app. Dh does the same and is synced. Then when I'm ready, I just check I out, 2-3 hours later it's at my door. Simple as that.

shanie5

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 9:50 pm
Alexa! I thought it was just a narishkeit until I was with my mom in her kitchen. Her hands were busy and she just said "Alexa, add oil to my shopping list". And that list is on her phone when she is out shopping. So I got one for my kitchen and love it. No more losing my lists! It's on DH phone too, so he can shop also.

amother
Yolk

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 9:52 pm
My husband and I whatsapp each other so that he can rememberlol and I can add as he goes. If I am going I whatsapp myself.

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 9:54 pm
Shofar Mitzvah notes. Sorry Morah.

giftedmom

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 9:55 pm
Lists are all in my head

amother
Daylily

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 9:57 pm
I use paper towels and permanent markers. And never end up even using my shopping list. Cuz I buy everything else I see at the store that I may need. And then forget to buy what I came in for

Goldie613

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 10:11 pm
I will admit that besides for looseleaf paper lists we use tech a bit too - walmart cart gets refilled online for whenever the next time is we do an order, and if someone requests something that didn't make it to the list I have them text it to me - hopefully if it's right in front of me I won't forget about it :-)

Goldie613

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 10:14 pm
BTW, can someone explain to me what magic the supermarkets use that the minute I get to the checkout line, I remember four more things I need to go back for? Can't Believe It Banging head LOL

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 10:15 pm
I call home from the store and ask whichever kid answers to take a picture of the scribbles on the table/counter or wherever I left my list to text me. No one can read anything I write! Especially if it was meant for me.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics