Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Do you stock up on sale items? Or buy as needed/it runs out?
1  2  Next

Do you stock up on sale items?
Yes  
 75%  [ 76 ]
No, I buy only when I need it/when I run out  
 24%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 101

Cheiny

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 3:18 pm
I stock up on (obviously only non-perishable) items when they’re on sale, ie. paper goods, coffee, etc.

One storage room in my basement resembles a mini store sometimes but I like knowing when I’m out of paper towels, I can just go reach for another roll rather than have to run to the store and end up paying a lot more.

Anyone else?

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 3:22 pm
I grew up this and my parents BH still do this. I don’t have space (apartment) but I hardly ever buy something not on sale.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 4:06 pm
I always stock up. I don't like to pay a lot and more, I hate to find out X is finished, there is no more in the house and if really need it now.

amother
Valerian

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 4:14 pm
I stock up
Tissues, toilet paper, napkins, foil, sandwich a freezer bags, dish soap, hand soap, shampoo
If its on sale I buy a few and then I dont need to buy for months and months

I stock up on chicken/ground beef every 6-8 weeks. I buy family packs when they are on sale

I definitely save tons of money this way. Once every month or 2 I buy what I know we go through and eat and I try my best not to shop in between.
I find when we shop in between we make tons of impulsive unnecessary purchases.

challah58

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 4:28 pm
I definitely stock up on the things we consider necessities, but I try not to buy multiples of the "luxury items" just because they're on sale. I've found that for us, having lots of disposable dishes in the closet or lots of ice cream stocked up in the freezer doesn't save us money for next time we decide to treat ourselves. It just means we eat ice cream more often and then want to buy it again and it loses it's luxury status and becomes an expense...

Goody2shoes

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 4:37 pm
amother Emerald wrote:
I grew up this and my parents BH still do this. I don’t have space (apartment) but I hardly ever buy something not on sale.

Same. I think buying sale items is so ingrained in me that I do so even if financially I don't must. I'm grateful to my parents for teaching me that.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 6:57 pm
I stock up but only buying 2-3x what I would've not enough until it's on sale again. I find I use things up faster when I know I have abundance

amother
Topaz

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 9:42 pm
amother Emerald wrote:

B"H is right! Otherwise you may have C"V been one of those Imas to be attacked on the "things I need but cannot afford" thread.

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 10:15 pm
You need to have space to buy in bulk

amother
Blushpink

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 11:22 pm
Papergoods, yes. Frozen stuff (or easily frozen stuff like meat or cheese), yes. Pantry stuff, no--our pantry space is more limited and after some bug infestations I've learned it doesn't pay to store large quantities of grains and stuff like that. I buy as needed.

amother
Blushpink

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 11:23 pm
amother Blushpink wrote:
Papergoods, yes. Frozen stuff (or easily frozen stuff like meat or cheese), yes. Pantry stuff, no--our pantry space is more limited in our kitchen, I don't want to keep food in another part of the house, and after some bug infestations I've learned it doesn't pay to store large quantities of grains and stuff like that. I buy as needed.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 11:25 pm
Do any of you find that when you stock up, you don't realize when it runs out, because you know you have so much....so you end up having to run out and buy a replacement at a premium price? So do you end up actually saving?

Unless it's just me?

amother
Molasses

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 11:33 pm
I don't because I haven't got the money so don't like to have a big bill rather buy a little at a time and smaller bills. But I grew up with my father only buying things and sale and stocking up if I had the money then I would fo sure stock up but with 200 in my bank account I can't afford to stock up

Bnei Berak 10

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 3:48 am
amother Slateblue wrote:

You make space. It's called organizing and using space to it's maximum.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 3:54 am
amother Slateblue wrote:

I store overflow in my bedroom on a top shelf.
I consider a second freezer a necessity.

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 4:02 am
I used to stock up when I lived in the U.S. Here in Israel sales are just not good enough and pantry items get infested easily so I need to keep things like rice and flour in the refrigerator.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Fri, Sep 01 2023, 6:26 pm
amother Molasses wrote:
I don't because I haven't got the money so don't like to have a big bill rather buy a little at a time and smaller bills. But I grew up with my father only buying things and sale and stocking up if I had the money then I would fo sure stock up but with 200 in my bank account I can't afford to stock up

Right, you need to have the funds and the space
I used to shop around more but with my life so overwhelming I often cant

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Sep 01 2023, 6:59 pm
I find that if I ‘stock up’, my kids just eat more. So no point in stocking up on snacks or stuff like that. Raw ingredients like flour and sugar I do.

amother
Skyblue

Post Fri, Sep 01 2023, 7:02 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
You make space. It's called organizing and using space to it's maximum.

Yeah when you live in 450sq ft with 3 kids… every inch is maximized and utilized without any space left for stock. I do stock up on cans and flour when they’re on sale but not a ton.

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, Sep 01 2023, 7:13 pm
amother Skyblue wrote:
Yeah when you live in 450sq ft with 3 kids… every inch is maximized and utilized without any space left for stock. I do stock up on cans and flour when they’re on sale but not a ton.

You beat me!! Nice work momma!!!! (2 kids in 550 square feet)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics