Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How many Tide pods do you put in a large load?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 12:59 pm
I bought Tide pods for the first time. I've been putting one pod in each load and the stuff comes out clean and smelling strongly of detergent. Now I see it says to use 2 for large loads. Seems to me like just a waste of money. If one pod works, why waste another one?

Does anyone put two?

amother
Lily

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 1:09 pm
I put 2

amother
Maize

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 1:10 pm
I’ve heard putting more than 1 is bad for the machine.

challah58

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 1:15 pm
I don't normally use tide pods but if I do, never more than one. (Unless maybe you're doing a load in a giant laundromat machine?) In general, we ruin our clothing and washing machines by using way too much detergent. If you use liquid, you also don't need to fill the cup to the top line. It's not a case of more is more, just like we don't need to fill our hands with 6 pumps of soap to wash them.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 1:16 pm
I only put one.

that being said, lately my clothes come out feeling a big grimy.. like too much detergent. my hands feel a bit stickyish. anyone else have that recently with tide pods?

baked ziti

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 1:17 pm
Even with regular detergent I use half of the recommended amount and my clothing come out clean and fresh. Stains come out justbfine.

amother
Fern

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 1:49 pm
Oh wow. Lately I have been having huge loads, so I put in 3. I guess that’s really off.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 1:51 pm
Less is more with detergent. If your clothes are coming out clean and smell good, then leave the amount.

doughnuts

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 1:54 pm
It depends what kind of machine you have. In an energy efficient machine you aren’t supposed to use them at all. I think these are usually the front loaders

amother
Offwhite

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 3:13 pm
I'm loving my new washer with auto-dispense for detergent! So much easier not to have to think about it.

amother
Ebony

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 3:26 pm
challah58 wrote:
I don't normally use tide pods but if I do, never more than one. (Unless maybe you're doing a load in a giant laundromat machine?) In general, we ruin our clothing and washing machines by using way too much detergent. If you use liquid, you also don't need to fill the cup to the top line. It's not a case of more is more, just like we don't need to fill our hands with 6 pumps of soap to wash them.

I use more than 6 pumps sometimes. I don't feel 1 pump cleans
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry