Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Is a new doona being launched?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 17 2023, 6:54 am
Spoke to my local baby store. They said In February

amother
Eggshell

Post Fri, Nov 17 2023, 6:59 am
amother Floralwhite wrote:
Oh boy. All the Doona owners are going to have to upgrade their Doonas to the latest model.

Many doona owners (myself included) have to upgrade this year or next year because they expire after 6 years.

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, Nov 17 2023, 7:01 am
amother OP wrote:

Thanks so much for the update!

Very helpful

chili-n-cholent

Post Fri, Nov 17 2023, 7:02 am
amother OP wrote:

Do you know what the changes will be?

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Nov 17 2023, 7:09 am
I hope along with that change comes a handle that can come up higher for tall ppl like me who literally have to bend down when pushing the carriage.

amother
Papaya

Post Fri, Nov 17 2023, 9:35 am
Rappel wrote:
I hope it isn't launched. It's wrong to throw baby seats, and it can break the plastic.

I legit had to read that 17 times until I got it. Several weeks postpartum and my sense of humor is MIA. Lol.

amother
Papaya

Post Fri, Nov 17 2023, 9:36 am
amother cornflower wrote:
I hope along with that change comes a handle that can come up higher for tall ppl like me who literally have to bend down when pushing the carriage.

This is the exact reason I do not own a Doona.

amother
NeonYellow

Post Fri, Nov 17 2023, 10:07 am
amother cornflower wrote:

I think the evenflo shyft has a taller handle. I don't know for sure though. I'm super short so that's not something I pay attention to.

amother
NeonPink

Post Fri, Nov 17 2023, 10:14 am
amother Eggshell wrote:
Many doona owners (myself included) have to upgrade this year or next year because they expire after 6 years.
And I sold my doona as soon as I was done with it, because I don’t know when I’ll next have a baby and don’t want to risk it expiring on me.

But honestly this is a great upgrade. It’s much healthier for baby.

giftedmom

Post Fri, Nov 17 2023, 10:17 am
amother NeonYellow wrote:
I think the evenflo shyft has a taller handle. I don't know for sure though. I'm super short so that's not something I pay attention to.

Btw it’s on sale now
Limited-time deal: Evenflo Shyft DualRide Infant Car Seat and Stroller Combo with Carryall Storage (Boone Gray) https://a.co/d/ein6zq7

amother
NeonPink

Post Fri, Nov 17 2023, 10:25 am
giftedmom wrote:
Btw it’s on sale now
Limited-time deal: Evenflo Shyft DualRide Infant Car Seat and Stroller Combo with Carryall Storage (Boone Gray) https://a.co/d/ein6zq7
That is a great deal!

amother
Oldlace

Post Fri, Nov 17 2023, 10:47 am
This is good news, at least all those poor babies kept in doonas literally all day by their babysitters or sometimes own mothers will be be able to have two squished sad positions instead of one…

And before you attack me, yes, if you send your baby to a babysitter in a doona, it’s almost certain that your baby is in it a lot more than you think. Don’t yell exceptions at me because they’re just that, exceptions.

The recline feature is a bit better but not a real solution. Your baby needs to be out! On the floor on their back or stomach, moving around and getting strong and learning about the world! Or being held and spoken to and played with!

amother
Pansy

Post Sat, Nov 18 2023, 2:55 pm
I hope they are going to make it more lightweight! It is my number one complaint about it. By the time my baby was 6 months old it was too heavy to lift her in the doona and I ended up dislocating a rib over it!!

giftedmom

Post Sat, Nov 18 2023, 3:54 pm
amother NeonPink wrote:
That is a great deal!

I see it already expired and went up 100$ over shabbos

amother
Heather

Post Sat, Nov 18 2023, 5:06 pm
amother Oldlace wrote:
This is good news, at least all those poor babies kept in doonas literally all day by their babysitters or sometimes own mothers will be be able to have two squished sad positions instead of one…

And before you attack me, yes, if you send your baby to a babysitter in a doona, it’s almost certain that your baby is in it a lot more than you think. Don’t yell exceptions at me because they’re just that, exceptions.

The recline feature is a bit better but not a real solution. Your baby needs to be out! On the floor on their back or stomach, moving around and getting strong and learning about the world! Or being held and spoken to and played with!

Why is your babysitter keeping your baby in the carriage?
Even if it's not a Doona it's still not a good idea. My baby is in the Doona in the car and going to the car.
And hes in the carriage when we go outside for a walk. Otherwise hes on the floor playing.

amother
Oldlace

Post Sat, Nov 18 2023, 5:39 pm
amother Heather wrote:
Why is your babysitter keeping your baby in the carriage?
Even if it's not a Doona it's still not a good idea. My baby is in the Doona in the car and going to the car.
And hes in the carriage when we go outside for a walk. Otherwise hes on the floor playing.

My babies don’t go to babysitters. I’m referring to all the ones who do.

amother
Heather

Post Sat, Nov 18 2023, 7:28 pm
amother Oldlace wrote:
My babies don’t go to babysitters. I’m referring to all the ones who do.

So why do you think the babysitters are keeping the babies in carriages all day?

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 12:11 pm
amother OP wrote:

Can I know which store? Pish posh baby doesnt know of anything

Sparkle1

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 6:18 pm
I heard the new Doona is having a celebrity’s name printed all over it

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 6:53 pm