Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
I hate Doona!
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 10:16 pm
I'm almost due iyh after a long break... I just can't see myself buying a doona.

The past seven years I looked at it like a 'must have 'trend you buy it because everyone else has it. I think the babies are so uncomfortable in it.

As I'm considering my options I realize that we are on the road a lot and having a stroller take up half of the trunk just isn't practical. And we can only afford one stroller at this point.

I wonder if anyone that lives in a community that has 99.9% Donna's strolling the street, did you get anything else?

ShishKabob

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 10:17 pm
Sorry if this is not helpful. But Why do you hate it so much? It worked amazing for me, was a lifesaver actually.

Last edited by ShishKabob on Sat, Feb 03 2024, 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Quince

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 10:18 pm
I got a snap n go & just ignored the stares and remarks. You'd need a regular stroller regardless. A doona is a carseat & not meant to be used as a regular stroller.

amother
Steelblue

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 10:20 pm
amother Quince wrote:
I got a snap n go & just ignored the stares and remarks. You'd need a regular stroller regardless. A doona is a carseat & not meant to be used as a regular stroller.

This. For the $550 price tag of a doona you can buy a car seat, snap n go frame, and travel stroller second hand.

amother
Quince

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 10:21 pm
ShishKabob wrote:
Sorry if this is not helpful. But Why do you hate it so much? It worked amazing for me, was a lifesaver actually.

I don't like doona because of the upright position of the car seat, it's sweaty & uncomfortable, as well as narrow. And there's no basket to keep stuff.

amother
Dustypink

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 10:33 pm
amother OP wrote:
I'm almost due iyh after a long break... I just can't see myself buying a doona.

The past seven years I looked at it like a 'must have 'trend you buy it because everyone else has it. I think the babies are so uncomfortable in it.

As I'm considering my options I realize that we are on the road a lot and having a stroller take up half of the trunk just isn't practical. And we can only afford one stroller at this point.

I wonder if anyone that lives in a community that has 99.9% Donna's strolling the street, did you get anything else?

I did, car seat and snap n go. I kind of regretted it tbh since a Doona really would have been more convenient.

I'm in Lakewood and got lots of stares lol

If I would do it again I would get Graco for the products since that clicks in (vs the universal snap n go), there is also a super light Graco car seat

amother
Lilac

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 10:34 pm
amother OP wrote:

Snap n go frame will not take up half your trunk.
Some pple slide it in front of the seats.

You can put the money left over for a regular stroller, which you need anyway when your baby outgrows doona.

amother
Steelblue

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 10:37 pm
amother Dustypink wrote:
I did, car seat and snap n go. I kind of regretted it tbh since a Doona really would have been more convenient.

I'm in Lakewood and got lots of stares lol

If I would do it again I would get Graco for the products since that clicks in (vs the universal snap n go), there is also a super light Graco car seat

Loved mine. Hello cupholders, basket, and little flap to hold keys and stuff.

amother
Papaya

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 10:38 pm
I don’t hate them but they’re not good for babies. My hospital doesn’t allow you to do the car seat test on a doona. And I’ve heard from friends whose kids needed PT that the physical therapists HATE doonas. They say that it’s really bad for the baby’s posture

amother
Dustypink

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 10:38 pm
amother Steelblue wrote:
Loved mine. Hello cupholders, basket, and little flap to hold keys and stuff.

That part was great! The trunk was annoying though.

Orangehead

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 10:40 pm
amother Papaya wrote:
I don’t hate them but they’re not good for babies. My hospital doesn’t allow you to do the car seat test on a doona. And I’ve heard from friends whose kids needed PT that the physical therapists HATE doonas. They say that it’s really bad for the baby’s posture

What do they say about the evenflo shyft?

amother
OP

ShishKabob wrote:

No moving room for the baby! The baby looks so tight in it. And the upright position, doesn't the baby's back hurt from it? Maybe I'm wrong

amother
Rainbow

I pushed off getting one by DC who is now 5. I regretted it. By dc1, I got it when she was born and loved it. I barely go anywhere by car, like once a week or less, and still enjoyed it. She was using it until she was 15 months old and outgrew the height limit. See if u know someone u trust who is willing to sell so u can get it cheaper. Don't buy off ebay cuz u will never know if it was in an accident

amother
Peachpuff

I have a yo-yo stroller with a car seat adapter for my car seat
I love that it’s one set of wheels folds small and I can use it as a stroller when my baby is awake or when baby is sleeping snap it on to the stroller

amother
Hydrangea

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 10:41 pm
If finances are not an issue and you want to fit into your community somewhat, you may want to buy a nice carriage that you can attach a stroller to, not a snap n go. This way you have a stroller for when you don't want to use a carseat. A doona or snap n go you're either forced to keep them in the carseat or always need to bring a separate carriage with you.

Maybe something like this? https://www.dillards.com/p/nun.....D_BwE

LovesHashem

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 10:42 pm
amother Dustypink wrote:
That part was great! The trunk was annoying though.

How often do you go in and out of the car? It's annoying to take your baby around oj errands regardless. Such is life with kids.

If you are running errands don't you often need to use the trunk anyway

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 10:43 pm
Orangehead wrote:
What do they say about the evenflo shyft?

That looks more comfortable. Do you have any personal experience with it?

amother
Dustypink

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 10:43 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
How often do you go in and out of the car? It's annoying to take your baby around oj errands regardless. Such is life with kids.

If you are running errands don't you often need to use the trunk anyway

In Lakewood, all the time. Pickup and dropoff, any kind of errand, I'm often in and out of the car 3 times in an hour on Sunday

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 10:45 pm
amother Peachpuff wrote:
I have a yo-yo stroller with a car seat adapter for my car seat
I love that it’s one set of wheels folds small and I can use it as a stroller when my baby is awake or when baby is sleeping snap it on to the stroller

I'm not sure I understand this. Can you share the links?

amother
Moonstone

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 10:45 pm
I live in Lakewood. I have a Nuna car seat and a compatible stroller. I’m tall and I feel no need to bend in half to push a Doona.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics