Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
Jewish action magazine article on singles

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 2:43 pm
Just a thought before yomtov let's keep inviting...

To clarify based on the many articles in the Jewish Action magazine on the topic of singles in our community. One of the takeaways was inviting more often and being proactive in including them in our community.

amother
Chambray

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 2:43 pm
So important

Cheiny

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 2:44 pm
amother OP wrote:
Jewish community singles, inviting more often beautiful for anyone who can they need places to go for meals.

Just a thought before yomtov let's keep inviting...

I don’t understand your first sentence.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 2:46 pm
Cheiny wrote:
I don’t understand your first sentence.

Edited

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 2:49 pm
amother OP wrote:
Edited

Honestly, it’s still really hard to understand.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 2:54 pm
I still have no clue what the OP is trying to say here

amother
DarkRed

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 3:12 pm
It's really not clear, but on careful reading I think it's something like this.

amother OP wrote:
Articles about the topic of singles in our communities, including, inviting more often beautiful for anyone who can they need places to go for meals.

Articles in Jewish Action magazine about the topic of singles in our communities. The articles cover including them in the community, and inviting them for meals more often. This is beautiful for anyone who can help. They need places to go for meals.

Generally, I think the OP is reminding everyone that there are a lot of Yom Tov meals coming up over the next month, which can be hard for single, so she would like to encourage anyone who is able to invite them.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 3:17 pm
Never mind

salt

Post Thu, Sep 07 2023, 1:57 am
OP is simply reminding everyone to invite singles for yom tov meals.
Don't ignore them.
Don't forget them.
They need invitations.
They need to be included more in the community.

amother
Whitewash

Post Thu, Sep 07 2023, 2:08 am
This is so true.
Invite singles, even those living at home. If you are 28 single and living at home you still may want to be independent of your parents.
Invite them, if they don't want to come they'll decline.
I remember being singe and having no where to go first night rosh hashana... It's not a nice feeling. Hardly anyone ever invited me. No one invited my husband who was living alone before he got married.
And, do not ignore singles, or give them pittying looks on rosh hashana. Look then in the eye, say good yom tov and treat them like any other married adult.

Elfrida

Post Thu, Sep 07 2023, 2:26 am
First night Rosh HaShana is a hard night to find a meal. It seems to have become a night when people focus on family only, and don't have guests that night. Maybe the feel that it is a serious occasion, and they don't want distractions.

Of course, people have the right to choose when to have guests or not, but when it becomes a thing not to invite for a certain meal, it's hard for people who are dependent on invitations. Making first night Rosh HaShana and sitting down with the simanim all alone is pretty depressing.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Thu, Sep 07 2023, 5:10 am
amother Whitewash wrote:
do not ignore singles, or give them pittying looks on rosh hashana. Look then in the eye, say good yom tov and treat them like any other married adult.

THIS!
Those who do the 'pittying-nebach' , we don't need it. Nobody needs it. The recipient of these pittying glances don't make anyone feel good.

amother
Jean

Post Thu, Sep 07 2023, 5:20 am
Thanks for the reminder, I was thinking of inviting some older singles for Yom Tov, I will do so today.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics