Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Loshon hara to dh

AlwaysGrateful

Post Thu, Sep 07 2023, 5:38 pm
I've never learned about this, but I assume it's a simple halacha.

Is it ever loshon hara to tell dh something that affects our kids? If there's nothing right then that can be done about it?

For example, I'm the main one that deals with my child's playgroup morah. There's never any reason that dh would do anything with her, since I'm the one who drops off, picks up, and talks to the morah.

If there's something bothering me about her, and I am going to address it, am I allowed to tell dh about it? I don't need to ask his opinion about it -- I know he'd agree with me. I don't need to vent. I don't need him in any way. I would just tell him because he's my dh and it's his child. Am I allowed to?

Similar issues might come up with a specific friend, carpool kid, someone like that who I'm concerned about. Obviously if it's someone he might come across in real life and need to know the issue, it would be different. But let's say it's a dh who works long hours and really doesn't have anything to do with the kids's social life, carpools, etc. In fact, let's say (this is not true but) my mother is more likely to pick up a carpool drive/watch my kids or whatever in case of an emergency than my dh. I can't tell her "just in case." Can I tell him?

I'm not going to use this as a psak, just curious if anyone has learned about this.

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Thu, Sep 07 2023, 5:47 pm
If something were to happen to one parent chas ve shalom, would the other need this info to best help the child?
I personally think it can be said in a way without LH, ask your LOR.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions