Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Game- Guess the Book
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

Boca00

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 4:05 am
Write a post as if you were a book character. The next player guesses the book and writes another post.

I’ll start…

Ok guys, this is just a vent.

I gave birth on Wednesday bH. My father in law watched the kids when my husband came to pick me up from the hospital on Friday afternoon. Discharge took FOREVER (as it always does) and when we finally walked in the door with my mother in law close to Shabbos, the house was a flying wreck!

There were dishes piled high in the sink, sticky jelly on the counter and a HUGE mess in the kitchen. Apparently, my kids got worried that we wouldn’t have food for Shabbos and decided to make Shabbos for us. Which is so sweet I theory of course.

But they somehow thought that we needed about 30 cans of tuna, tons of applesauce served in my real China bowls (that I never use), pickles served on said China, and platters and platters of crackers and peanut butter and jelly! They even used my cake plate that I got at my wedding to serve a broken candy stick.

Why didn’t my father-in-law stop them??? Wasn’t he watching them?? The last thing I needed is to come home from the hospital to a messy kitchen and all this China to wash! Now my mother in law for sure thinks that I left my house looking this awful and that this is what we usually eat on Shabbos! So embarrassing and I just wanted to run to my room and cry. Crying But no, I had to take pictures of the kids and pretend I was so touched by their thoughtfulness. I hope one day I’ll look back and laugh, but it won’t be today.

Last edited by Boca00 on Sun, Sep 10 2023, 4:08 am; edited 1 time in total

SG18

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 4:08 am
Peanut Butter and Jelly for Shabbos?

SG18

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 4:11 am
I went to school one day and had the wildest experience. Our teacher was telling over a lesson when we saw a strange gathering of animals. The duck, sheep, frog, dog, bird, and bear in a group was weird enough. But when we noticed the cat and horse, that's when it got trippy. And the teacher didn't even seem to notice!

Last edited by SG18 on Sun, Sep 10 2023, 4:13 am; edited 1 time in total

scintilla

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 4:12 am
Ha!! Very cute. I always thought that Bubby was her mother though Surprised and definitely always thought that about all the china!! And let's not discuss how the mother is so perfectly dressed coming home and at the Shabbos meal Very Happy

Boca00

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 4:15 am
SG18 wrote:
Peanut Butter and Jelly for Shabbos?

You got it!

Boca00

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 4:17 am
scintilla wrote:
Ha!! Very cute. I always thought that Bubby was her mother though Surprised and definitely always thought that about all the china!! And let's not discuss how the mother is so perfectly dressed coming home and at the Shabbos meal Very Happy

Haha I wasn’t really sure but since she came home wearing her Sheitel and looking so good I figured it HAD to be her mother in law.
(Side note but how does she look so skinny 3 days after giving birth??)

Boca00

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 4:19 am
SG18 wrote:
I went to school one day and had the wildest experience. Our teacher was telling over a lesson when we saw a strange gathering of animals. The duck, sheep, frog, dog, bird, and bear in a group was weird enough. But when we noticed the cat and horse, that's when it got trippy. And the teacher didn't even seem to notice!

Hmm no clue!

SG18

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 5:06 am
Boca00 wrote:
Hmm no clue!

I'll wait until the US wakes up and see if anyone gets it, otherwise I'll reveal in a couple of hours!

Iymnok

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 6:37 am
SG18 wrote:

Blue bear, blue bear, what do you see?

SG18

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 8:59 am
Iymnok wrote:
Blue bear, blue bear, what do you see?

Yep! But it's Brown Bear Smile

chili-n-cholent

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 10:35 am
I bought a present for my adopted son and left it all wrapped up on my desk.
Not only was the present open when I came home, but a piece of the puzzle I had custom ordered with a photo of the 2 of us was missing.
I was so dissapointed!
Is this the hakaras hatov you give to me for buying you a gift? Opening it and losing a piece before I even got there?
(Dunno if I gave enough hints but I'll add some more lines to the story if needed)

wazup

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 10:57 am
chili-n-cholent wrote:
I bought a present for my adopted son and left it all wrapped up on my desk.
Not only was the present open when I came home, but a piece of the puzzle I had custom ordered with a photo of the 2 of us was missing.
I was so dissapointed!
Is this the hakaras hatov you give to me for buying you a gift? Opening it and losing a piece before I even got there?
(Dunno if I gave enough hints but I'll add some more lines to the story if needed)

Curious george???

Sunny Days

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 11:30 am
Love his game Boca!
And since I haven’t read PB&jelly in a while- maybe not even since I’m married/had kids, I never read it with an adult perspective. Loved how you shared moms 😉 pov of coming home from the hospital and seeing the lovely “surprise”!

Boca00

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 1:40 pm
Sunny Days wrote:
Love his game Boca!
And since I haven’t read PB&jelly in a while- maybe not even since I’m married/had kids, I never read it with an adult perspective. Loved how you shared moms 😉 pov of coming home from the hospital and seeing the lovely “surprise”!

Haha thanks! It’s amazing what a difference perspective makes.

chili-n-cholent

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 9:55 pm
wazup wrote:
Curious george???

Yup!

amother
Wallflower

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 11:51 pm
4 YO DD driving me absolutely insane-need playgroup recommendations ASAP

Seriously, this kid does not know how to shut up. How on earth am I supposed to make Shabbos like this? And she insists on "helping" me with everything, from shopping to cooking and the crowning glory was when she "helped" mop the floor. That was a lot of fun. Not. I thought I'd save money this year by keeping her home, but does anyone know a playgroup that still has slots? I'm desperate!

Sunny Days

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 11:52 pm
amother Wallflower wrote:
4 YO DD driving me absolutely insane-need playgroup recommendations ASAP

Seriously, this kid does not know how to shut up. How on earth am I supposed to make Shabbos like this? And she insists on "helping" me with everything, from shopping to cooking and the crowning glory was when she "helped" mop the floor. That was a lot of fun. Not. I thought I'd save money this year by keeping her home, but does anyone know a playgroup that still has slots? I'm desperate!

Haha was going to do one on is it shabbos yet, but was too busy all day to come back and post!

Love how you wrote it!

Queen Of Hearts

Post Mon, Sep 11 2023, 12:14 am
Help! My dd won't take a bath!

We finally discovered an expert in this field. She recommended we plant radish seeds in dd hair and water it every night. Dd is getting smellier and dirtier by the day. And still refuses a bath. Until big leaves start sprouting out of her hair. Dd can no longer talk because she is so encrusted with soil and dirt.
Update:
I'm crying tears of joy and relief. Smelly dd Finally requested a bath!!!
If you need this woman's contact info you can pm me.

cbsp

Post Mon, Sep 11 2023, 12:25 am
Sweetmommy wrote:
Help! My dd won't take a bath!

We finally discovered an expert in this field. She recommended we plant radish seeds in dd hair and water it every night. Dd is getting smellier and dirtier by the day. And still refuses a bath. Until big leaves start sprouting out of her hair. Dd can no longer talk because she is so encrusted with soil and dirt.
Update:
I'm crying tears of joy and relief. Smelly dd Finally requested a bath!!!
If you need this woman's contact info you can pm me.

Mrs. Piggle Wiggle Very Happy

GLUE

Post Mon, Sep 11 2023, 12:46 am
Can you believe what my son did?

My husband and I went to a wedding and when we came back we found that he decided to make a party and invited all sorts of people like the homeless guy who sleeps in a box by the corner. Some guy who thinks he can play strange instruments. Even the mailman.

I thought we taught him about speaking to strange people, well he got the part about not going with them, I should have also taught him about not inviting them to our house.
Page 1 of 8   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics