Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Difficult children

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 6:43 pm
I hate having difficult children. I just wish for once I could go 1 week without a call home from school. I just want to cry.
I'm going crazy. I don't have energy or time to deal with it.
How in the world does anyone with difficult kids do it???
It is looking like my oldest 2 kids have ADHD although my 2nd is much worse.

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 7:02 pm
I hear you. We had less kids because our kids are challenging. Sending you hugs.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 7:03 pm
amother Apricot wrote:
I hear you. We had less kids because our kids are challenging. Sending you hugs.

I have 3 and I don't know how many more if I can handle. One kid already got kicked out of school and the other is having issues im school. Its 2 weeks into school Can't Believe It : Banging head

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 7:03 pm
amother OP wrote:
I hate having difficult children. I just wish for once I could go 1 week without a call home from school. I just want to cry.
I'm going crazy. I don't have energy or time to deal with it.
How in the world does anyone with difficult kids do it???
It is looking like my oldest 2 kids have ADHD although my 2nd is much worse.

This is my life too. Have multiples with adhd. It's not fun, I didn't want summer vacation to end

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 7:06 pm
amother Pumpkin wrote:
This is my life too. Have multiples with adhd. It's not fun, I didn't want summer vacation to end

It makes me just want to homeschool my kids!

amother
Midnight

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 8:08 pm
I have a kid with ADHD. I totally get you!

I have phone trauma.

I used to nap with a phone near me just in case someone from the yeshivah was calling.

This is the first year I switched him to a special program.

I am so so so so happy! And so is he!

Kids deserve better than to have struggle in school every day. We deserve to have a calm life. If you can switch your kids to a school that caters to them I highly recommend!

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 8:13 pm
Your child isn't difficult. He or she is likely overwhelmed and miserable. My child used to be in the wrong program and they couldn't work with her. My other adhd child gets a lot of support and we medicate or he would be miserable too. It is very hard when your child isn't like other children and the world demands too much from them.

amother
Midnight

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 8:18 pm
amother Khaki wrote:
Your child isn't difficult. He or she is likely overwhelmed and miserable. My child used to be in the wrong program and they couldn't work with her. My other adhd child gets a lot of support and we medicate or he would be miserable too. It is very hard when your child isn't like other children and the world demands too much from them.

Definition of difficult: requiring much effort to deal with or understand.

These children required a lot more effort! BH! They should ask grow up healthy and well and better for it!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 8:33 pm
Hugs. Been there. I am healing my difficult children using functional and alternative medicine. It's hard work but the gains are so worth it.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 8:44 pm
amother Midnight wrote:
I have a kid with ADHD. I totally get you!

I have phone trauma.

I used to nap with a phone near me just in case someone from the yeshivah was calling.

This is the first year I switched him to a special program.

I am so so so so happy! And so is he!

Kids deserve better than to have struggle in school every day. We deserve to have a calm life. If you can switch your kids to a school that caters to them I highly recommend!

I looked into so many schools. There really aren't any that cater to kids with ADHD/behavioral issues. The special programs were more for learning issues not behavioral. It's very needed, I'm glad you were able to find such a program.

amother
Iris

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 8:52 pm
It's insane, yes, and insanity creating. To live on edge every day of what is next. To listen to others who have routines. To call all sorts of educators and therapists and experts and have them say, "Yes, not simple in general, and particularly in your case. I wish there was a program/answer/medication/anything... If you find something, please let me know so I can recommend for others." And you can barely get to the end of that before the school clicks in again.

One of my personal favorites is spending weeks getting insurance to cover a new promising med and finding out in under a week that it's not going to work, and having the doctor say, "Ok, we'll try X." Which needs me to do it again. And explaining to the school that that thing my kid did was a side effect of the new med, and unfortunately, is also a side effect of the next one we are trying.

Oh- and of course when the kids' needs conflict. But that goes without saying. Along with "You are so amazing! With all you deal with!" I don't want to be amazing. I don't want to need to be.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics