Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Pregnant, nursing and scared of fasting on YK
Previous  1  2

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 1:18 pm
Another vote for husband davens at home. Fasting on yk is an issue of kareis, that's why we do everything we can to fast unless there's absolutely no other alternative. More important that you be able to fast than that he go to shul, if that is the only option available to you.

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 10:33 am
Another vote for stay in bed, don’t nurse toddler, and dh home when toddler is up regardless of his minyan schedule.

amother
Leaf

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 10:44 am
Do you have relatives you can move into? Also on yk fasting in the most important mitzvah of the day , ask a rav but it may be more important for your husband to daven at home and help you so you can fast

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 10:48 am
In your 7th month I wouldn't nurse on yk. You should be in bed most of the day unless you are an amazing faster. I hope you can get the help you need.

amother
Fern

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 11:24 am
Aside from what everyone else has been saying the electrolyte drink from Rorie Weinberg on kosher.com is so helpful. I have such a hard time fasting while nursing it’s so helpful drink as much of it is as you can in the days before the fast

doodlesmom

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 11:29 am
Maybe your husband can go to a vasikin minyan, then be home for a large portion of the day and then when the baby naps or goes to sleep for the night he finishes the rest….

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 12:03 pm
Drink Gatorade for a few days before
Day of: Kalei Tzom, tons of Gatorade
Seuda hamafsekes: protein, complex carb (not white flour, a cooked grain like wild rice is good), use honey in the recipes. Watermelon, dates, and tons of grapes.
Caffeine + Tylenol time release pills or suppositories if your Rav says they're ok

These tips plus davening for assistance have helped me fast well BH through several pregnancy and postpartum YKs and TBs.

Also echoing the call for DH to stay home if necessary. Fasting is the main thing, everything else is secondary to that.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur