Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Which Title company do most choose for NJ Home Purchases?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 2:14 pm
On what do you base your decision?

Whatever you tell me about how a buyer chooses a title company for a residential home purchase, will be much appreciated.

Do they give price quotes? What else should I be asking?

tia

ShaniF

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 2:18 pm
One time our attorney chose one and we didn't have anything to do with it.

The other time I had 2 options and just asked around which was more pleasant to deal with. Their pricing was pretty much the same.

You can ask for an estimate but keep in mind that it won't be so accurate since different things come up.
Make sure they are okay with your closing date that your attorney has in mind (if they do)
Make sure that they are easy to deal with since some of them are a pain.

amother
Darkblue

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 2:26 pm
Usually the mortgage broker or attorney will suggest who to use. I worked in title , and rarely dealt directly with the customer other than at the closing itself. Most of the other parts get taken care of between the attorneys , mortgage brokers and title company together.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 2:29 pm
I trusted my lawyer. (I had enough to do without worrying about that detail. I do recall him mentioning that he uses company XYZ (I don't even remember) and am I okay with that.)

amother
Mintcream

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 3:26 pm
For the most part, you will not be so involved with them. Please price out at least 2 companies. Some companies charge more because your broker or attorney is getting a cut (that you don’t know about)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 3:37 pm
amother Mintcream wrote:
For the most part, you will not be so involved with them. Please price out at least 2 companies. Some companies charge more because your broker or attorney is getting a cut (that you don’t know about)

Thats what I was thinking.

Thanks.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries