Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
What to do with a large piece of brisket for multiple uses?

jewelryandmore

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 2:51 pm
Hello, I was given a large piece of brisket for the chagim. I have defrosted it and only need small portions for each meal? What is the best practice for making multiple meals out of it, being that I cannot refreeze the portions I am not using for Rosh Hashana?

I was considering slow cooking the entire brisket and then portioning it and refreezing it to recook for Sukkot and shabbosim?? Also, does anyone know if it will be good to add to cholent if it is already cooked? Any ideas would be helpful or tips would be helpful!

Thank you and Shana tova!!!

Java

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 2:55 pm
Was it defrosted in the fridge or on the counter? If on the fridge it's safe to refreeze raw

jewelryandmore

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 2:56 pm
Java wrote:
Was it defrosted in the fridge or on the counter? If on the fridge it's safe to refreeze raw

I defrosted it in the fridge. Wow this is great to know, I thought I could not refreeze! Thank you!

groovy1224

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 2:58 pm
You can refreeze it once it's already cooked. Just prepare it how you usually would, and then slice and divide into tins that are the portion size you need.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 4:18 pm
You shouldn't refreeze it raw.
Rub if with oil, onion, garlic, salt and then bake.
Chill overnight. Slice when cold. Divide into portions and only then once cooked, freeze.
You can then take out a meals worth and heat with a sweet sauce, another portion heat and shred for pulled beef, more slices just cooked in the savory cooking liquid, etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics