Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
DD is very flat chested and all clothing need to be taken in

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 11:26 pm
She’s in high school and less than an A cup. Padded bras look silly on her. It’s very obviously fake and not shaped naturally. Did anyone find a very natural looking padded bra appropriate for a teen? Or should I just take in everything and let her look like her natural self? (Almost embarrassing. Like a little girl who never developed past the initial buds stage)

amother
Nemesia

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 11:33 pm
My DD is the same. Tall, thin and beyond flat. I get t shirt bras that have some natural padding that look decent

giftedmom

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 11:37 pm
Get her boys tops when possible

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 11:53 pm
amother Nemesia wrote:
My DD is the same. Tall, thin and beyond flat. I get t shirt bras that have some natural padding that look decent

That’s what she wears. It’s very slightly padded and doesn’t help the issue of her clothes being too big on top but I guess there’s nothing to do about it.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 11:54 pm
giftedmom wrote:
Get her boys tops when possible

I can’t see that working. She like dresses and real feminine stuff. I can’t imagine boys stuff to be appropriate for frum teen girls.

amother
Diamond

Post Fri, Sep 15 2023, 12:27 am
Ah. I can contribute to this because I know a thing or two about being less than an A cup myself.

first of all, look into Pepper. It's a company that specializes in bras for people with tiny cup size. They come subtly padded.

As far as clothing, if you can, things with high neck and also relatively fitted tops look better. Avoid oversized or baggy cut. Some dresses that I have tried with fitted bodice wil show gaps because I don't have anything to fill the top part in, so, I have some silcone inserts I put in my bra for that time I actually need to fill out the top part. I don't resort to these often but probably more practical than getting the clothing altered. Also, I don't think I ever would have considered them as a teenager because I would have felt too self concious but different people are different. I've come to terms with my lack of endowment and appreciate it now actually.

Ruffles or embleshment around the neck line look good too because they add some volume or bulk. Some print designs also work because they camouflage a bust line altogether but it has to be the right type of pattern.

If she has to wear a uniform to school in which there is no choice, well, if there is a style of shirt that is more fitted, that's all you can do.

giftedmom

Post Fri, Sep 15 2023, 12:39 am
amother OP wrote:
I can’t see that working. She like dresses and real feminine stuff. I can’t imagine boys stuff to be appropriate for frum teen girls.

Really? Dd wears sweatshirts only and those are really interchangeable. She actually has tees and sweats that are labeled for boys, which at her age she can still fit into. There’s no visible difference aside from the cut.

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 2:50 pm
amother Diamond wrote:
Ah. I can contribute to this because I know a thing or two about being less than an A cup myself.

first of all, look into Pepper. It's a company that specializes in bras for people with tiny cup size. They come subtly padded.

Would like to hear more about this as I'm also super small. Have you tried them yourself? The reviews online are really not good so I'm curious if you had a good experience.

(BTW, am I the only one uncomfortable getting bras online and not getting them professionally fitted?)

amother
RosePink

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 3:24 pm
Shop teen sizes/kids size 18/20/22

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 3:28 pm
Bit off-topic, but could she have a hormonal problem that needs checking out? Is the rest of her bodily development age appropriate?

amother
Vanilla

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 4:21 pm
amother Ruby wrote:
Bit off-topic, but could she have a hormonal problem that needs checking out? Is the rest of her bodily development age appropriate?

Its possible but I also was like this before having kids. Developed normally everywhere else just small chested. Still am when not nursing or pregnant. And it's very hard to find tops that fit.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 4:28 pm
Just commenting on "everything needs to be taken in" as the mother of a very petite daughter (not flat chested. Just very petite). If you are so inclined, take a sewing course. It has saved me thousands of dollars over the years, doing my own alterations. Every uniform shirt, every Shabbos outfit, everything has needed sewing. Now that my daughter is BH getting married, every single Sheva Brachos outfit needed alterations, and I did them all myself....(I did give in her wedding gown, too much work for me right now). I did my other daughter's gown alterations, and my own....such a money saver, especially if you have a daughter like this where literally the stores don't make clothes in her size (except to match the elementary school kids. And even those need to be taken in).

amother
Canary

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 4:30 pm
Also off topic but wondering whether any of you had fertility issues? My DD is also very flat and I have some concerns about future fertility.

amother
Pistachio

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 4:35 pm
amother Honeydew wrote:
Would like to hear more about this as I'm also super small. Have you tried them yourself? The reviews online are really not good so I'm curious if you had a good experience.

(BTW, am I the only one uncomfortable getting bras online and not getting them professionally fitted?)

Once you have an idea what your size is you can see for yourself how a bra fits. I only got professionally fitted once as a teen andnince for my wedding.

amother
Vanilla

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 4:35 pm
amother Canary wrote:
Also off topic but wondering whether any of you had fertility issues? My DD is also very flat and I have some concerns about future fertility.

Not at all. Some people are just small on top. I also nursed 2 kids and pumped for 2 with no issues of supply.

amother
Canary

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 4:41 pm
amother Vanilla wrote:
Not at all. Some people are just small on top. I also nursed 2 kids and pumped for 2 with no issues of supply.

Thanks

amother
Quince

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 4:54 pm
amother Honeydew wrote:

I have one from this company. Decently made, fits well (no gap). I wouldn't say it is super high quality esp for the price but it is definitely decently made and probably the best fitting bra I have ever had.

amother
Lightpink

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 4:54 pm
Barely an A here. Pregnant one year after wedding, nursed all my kids - one until age 2. Wear padded bras and spend a fortune at the seamstress and do some alterations myself.

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 5:26 pm
I was a 32A wearing preteen training bras until 10th grade*. I bought a lot of size 14-16-18 from kids clothing stores like Children's Place. Bonus points for being cheaper.

*I was a B/C by seminary and finally hit D a couple months ago after having my first baby

amother
Poinsettia

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 5:36 pm
amother cornflower wrote:
I was a 32A wearing preteen training bras until 10th grade*. I bought a lot of size 14-16-18 from kids clothing stores like Children's Place. Bonus points for being cheaper.

*I was a B/C by seminary and finally hit D a couple months ago after having my first baby

Why finally? I'm a B/C depending if I'm nursing and it looks just right. I wouldn't look in proportion with a D cup
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics