Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Ways we women connect to Hashem

scintilla

Post Fri, Sep 15 2023, 10:23 am
I got inspired to start this thread after spending the past few days feeling down about how little I was preparing spiritually for Rosh Hashanah, between the cooking and cleaning, dressing the kids, preparing for guests, taking care of the little ones at the same time...I know it's all in honor of Yom tov but it's been leaving me feeling hollow. Then I stepped outside this morning and felt the pleasantly cool air and sunshine on my face, and instinctively thought "thank you Hashem for this beautiful day!" And I realized that I really do connect to Hashem in my own way all the time and my spiritual preparations for Rosh Hashanah can be in that way too.

For those in the stage of life of raising young children (bh!!) we don't have as much time, or any time, for davening, but we can all connect in our own ways. And for those who are able to daven more it's often still not our focus like men who are in shul 3x a day etc. So I figured we can share and be inspired by each other.

So how do you connect to Hashem in your own way?

scintilla

Post Fri, Sep 15 2023, 10:29 am
To start, here's something I try to do: talk about Hashem regularly to my kids. Things like, yay we found Chanie's shoes, thank you Hashem for helping us! Let's ask Hashem for nice weather this afternoon so we can go to the park!

I also try talk to Hashem when I need something. Just a quick message/thought.

corolla

Post Fri, Sep 15 2023, 10:33 am
I feel like I always have an internal monologue going on with Hashem. Some days more, some less.

I'm either asking for something or noticing small instances of hashgacha pratis throughout the day. Sometime I get frustrated too Sad
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational